Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 April 2017
I love this cd - its very easy listening - beautiful ....
on 26 March 2017
Just as I expected.
on 20 March 2017
Ok
on 14 November 1999
There is no sound like that of a chorus of South African voices in perfect harmony. Harmonising goes back years in South African culture and nobody does it better. (If you like such music, take a look at the 1995 Rugby World Cup "Anthems" CD. The competition was held in South Africa, so Ladysmith are featured quite a bit.) On this CD, they join up with some great artists (Dolly Parton, Paul Simon, China Black and PJ Powers) to provide brilliant renditions of some classics we all know - like "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" and "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes." Overall, a great CD.
on 1 December 2011
I enjoy Ladysmith Black Mambazo very much I don't understand their language but I enjoy the beat, the energy and the general sound and the skill that their songs are put together. I saw them live at the Bridgewater Hall Manchester a few year ago and they were fantastic.
on 5 October 2005
This is a wonderful album that has some fabulous songs on, especially the different versions of popular songs we know and love, such as "Swing low". It's great for those long drives too as it takes the boredom away! :-)
on 20 February 2013
I got the album a few days ago and as a student I have a lot of free time and have been listening to it nonstop. As you might expect I 'discovered' these from the classic Paul Simon album Graceland [25th Anniversary Edition]. I can personally listen to this all the time as in my mind I see it as easy listening. I am also new to this type of music so I don't have anything to compare it to, so this might not be useful to the more experienced listener.

There isn't one song of the twenty on here that I didn't thoroughly enjoy, which isn't something that happens often for me as I'm quite 'love-hate' with music. The performances of the more popular songs and the ones featuring singing in English are all fantastic. Also, all of the performances from the guest performers are great as well.

To a newbie to this style of music I was thoroughly entertained throughout the whole track list so I highly recommend giving this a listen. The classic tracks performed will likely be enjoyed by most, so even if you just want to get a taste of the style then you will probably be able to take something away from it.

Any recommendations for great artists of world music would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
on 22 May 2013
Enjoyed the version of Paul Simons -Diamonds on the soles of her shoes- immensely. Then drifted away in the deep Zulu voices and memories of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
on 20 May 2013
It was o.k. I have heard the songs before so I knew what to expect. As a previous reviewer has stated, many of the songs begin to sound all the same after a time. Nevertheless, a pleasant sound and enjoyable.
on 19 March 2014
Yes I did ,it gives you a good glimpse of Africa,adding to my collection ,I now have 6cds of this brilliant group.