on 14 November 2005
I am 32. Despite the expected maturity levels that come with that fact, I can readily admit to this album being perhaps one of the greatest geek singalong opuses of our time.
If your memories of the movie are as fond as mine, then this album has the power to cheer you up no end. Or to put it correctly - "light your darkest hour".
Wife left you?
Put this on.
Lost your job?
Put this on.
It's a slice of neverending enjoyment for the price of a couple of pints. What are you waiting for? Buy it......no matter the cost....
on 7 November 2001
Originally had the soundtrack on cassette as a child, but gave it away! argh! Yearned to get another copy and now I have. Listening again to Dare, The Touch, and Nothins gonna stand in our way makes the hairs stand on the back of the neck, not to mention make you feel good, 80's rock at its best!
This CD has it all and epitomises what the film is all about. Brings back great memories of a great film. Hot Rod rules!
Buy this CD, you wont be dissapointed.
on 19 May 2001
Listening to this soundtrack invokes so many fond memories of years past. I remember the first time I ever watched transformers the movie, and the horror I felt as instruments of destruction began to play, and signaled the slaughter of some of my favourite transformers (namely Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet and Brawn). And how sad I felt as the death of Optimus Prime played, and Optimus Prime died (duh). But then there are the uplifting feel-good songs of Dare and The touch, I paricually recomend listening to Dare after a foul day, it really picks you up. And of course, how could I forget the bizzare collection of cliches and sayings that is dare to be stupid. So for a blast of nostalga or just some really great music, I heartilly recomend Transformers: the movie soundtrack.
on 17 February 2002
When i listened to the classic tracks like The Touch and Dare, i could feel tears welling up in my eyes as i remembered the happy hours i spent playing and watching transformers. This CD is an absolute must for any fan, or anyone with taste in music. When those tracks start playing i can guarantee that memories of Optimus Prime & Megatron will come flooding back. Its true what they say, the hairs on ur neck really do stand on end.
on 9 October 2000
Ok this is one cool soundtrack... I liked the film, I own the film, but I don't think I am as fanatical over it as the other reviews, however the one scene I can't get out of my head is when all the autobots are dieing to the song Instruments of Destruction... not what I would call a scnece for kids to watch, but boy was it incredibly done. Dare and the Touch are also excellent tracks, and one cannot forget "Weird Al" Yankovic's "Dare to be Stupid".
"Weird Al" is not a huge name on this side of the Atlantic, but in North America you are not taken seriously as a musician untill you have been paradied by him... look him up, if you like funny music buy him... he's great.
on 14 July 2000
I have been a Tranformer fanatic for my entire life and cannot watch Transformers:The Movie enough times. I always loved the soundtrack and when I got the chance to Buy it over the internet I jumped at it. I have owned it now for nearly a year and am still not bored of it, especially the song Dare. My favourite movie of all time is also my favourite CD of all time so you can't do much better than that. I love it! 5 stars, 10 out of 10, It's awesome!
on 24 May 2001
Transformers the movie was a fab film, and if, like me, you've spent YEARS looking for the soundtrack, get it whilst you can! Transformers are having a big revival at the mo' what with the movie being re-released, and the series' too. It's been said before but The Touch and Dare are both great songs, as is Instruments of Destruction. Hackneyed 80's rock - but GREAT hackneyed 80's rock!
on 14 July 2001
14 years of hunting around second hand record shops, car boot sales and a few returned letters from record companies that the Transformers themselves have outlived, Amazon finally put me out of my misery. What a CD! For those who are not into Transformers, they wouldn't even realise that they are listening to the soundtrack from one of the best animated films of all time. Listen to The Touch and you instantly recall Optimus Primes valiant stand against the decepticons, the hairs on the back of your neck stand as Dare plays as it is an ultimate 'feel good' track.
This is a more than a must have CD for any hardened Transformers fan, for the people who are not Transformers fans, then listen to the album and forget where it comes from and I wouldn't mind betting you'll be humming Dare without even realising it.
on 7 February 2000
Transformers, what more do you need to say.
This soundtrack is one of few which have really managed to capture the feeling and plot of a film with the music. (see also: pi, eraserhead)
The songs by bands within the soundtrack perfectly fit the time around which transformers were at their peak and the music written by Vince DiCola for the film blends seamlessly with the action on screen (as well as being some of the most interesting electronic/rock music from the period) managing to make you remember the film from just the mood of the music.
just in case this review's getting a bit highbrow the quality tracks are:
dare, the touch, any of the instrumentals, transformers theme, ok all of them except instruments of destruction (it's just that bit too rawk.)
(review by paul firth)
on 17 March 2000
When I got hold of this it stayed in my CD player for weeks. The highlight tracks for me would be The Touch and Dare, but all are excellent. If you enjoyed the film then you can easily listen to the soundtrack and picture the events. Buy it.