Customer reviews

Best of Cesaria
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 July 2015
I was introduced to the music of Cesaria Evora during a holiday to London recently during which time I stayed at someone's flat and was looking through their CD collection. Through nothing but curiosity I decided to try her 'Best of' collection and fell in love with her classic style and voice almost immediately. It's easy listening and in a language I don't recognise which makes it even better in my eyes as I find it easier to listen to without being distracted... I discovered that she died a few years ago, however as a late discoverer of her music, she has made her mark on me and I am now a committed fan..
One person found this helpful
on 10 September 2015
Received faulty product. Emailed this information to seller. Yet awaiting a response.
on 24 January 2012
I wish I new about this amazing singer earlier! After listening to her "Best of..." album I am now ordering the rest of her CD's! Absolutely fascinating voice and songs. Very relaxing and enjoyable!
on 14 February 2016
Excellent!!!
on 25 March 2015
Excellent
on 15 January 2012
The CD was in top condition and Cesaria Evora from Cape Verde performs fabulous world music. Her voice is like an Island style Nina Simone and the music will relax you instantly. A great buy and I am so glad I was fortunate to see her in person as well.
on 19 February 2001
This is the kind of Cd you heard after a long day of work.... in the morning for wake up veru nice... Is a very quiet ans paceful music. The singer offers us a moment of pleasure. The sound is so great and the voice is splendid.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2004
I first heard this singer in Cyprus as background music in a hotel-I had to chase round a bit to find out who she was- a lovely smooth intimate singer, not pop,not easy listenig, not Jazz-a gentle amalgam of all three. Deserves to be more widely known.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2004
Her voice and music transports you to a bygone era where love has been won and lost, where the warm breeze laps the ocean waves and where spirits are soothed ...simply wonderful...
3 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2001
picked up in Barcelona where Cesaria is a big hit. Very beautiful music with real style, offering rythmn, melody and great emotion.
9 people found this helpful