Customer reviews

The Kids from Fame
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 May 2013
This is a CD which was a stroll down memory lane.

In my youth, before I discovered the type of music I still listen to - Rock, I collected all these records.

This is the only release on CD.

If you are into the tv series, it's an enjoyable listen - only one song is a little below standard on the vocal [I'll leave that to your judgement!]

All in All, a great CD from a bunch of young people who tried hard and delivered the kind of music people loved in the early 1980s. Super-popular in the UK. This is a true blast form the past!! Enjoy.
on 15 October 2009
I was amazed and extremely pleased to stumble across this CD on Amazon. I already own it on cassette and LP along with many many other Kids from Fame albums but no longer have either a record player or tape deck so couldn't resist buying this to listen to all the classic songs again. The album doesn't disappoint, all the memorable songs from the first season of Fame are on there. The music takes me right back to my childhood when I would play these songs over and over again and amazingly I still remember all the words! A must buy for all fans of the Fame TV series.
on 1 September 2001
What can I say?! Fame was the most memorable series of the 80's and the songs on this CD are some of the most memorable from it (albeit slightly corny). All is forgiven bring back the Kids from Fame
on 8 January 2013
This took me right back to the 80s watching the show. Some songs stuck with me so well through the years I can recall the episode storyline they are from. All good, even the sad songs. Glee eat your heart out! The original and best.
on 21 April 2009
This is the compilation of songs of the first season of the TV show Fame (NBC series of the 80'). If you were a fan of the movie Fame and you've seen the tv show you'll love it. There are some good songs.
on 23 July 2013
This brought me right back to my early teens, some great tracks . Some missing but I remember a second vinyl album released from the series, but can't seem to find it!
on 14 March 2011
Had a tape of this as a kid which I played incessantly. Knew all the words, and the sequence of songs too. Loved it. Had been trying to find a CD copy of this for a while - when I remembered that is!Had a you tube moment reliving my youth and singing along to some of the tracks which spurred me on to track a CD down. Had a very happy evening singing along at the top of my voice when it arrived. Totally recommend it if you need/want to remember how you felt when you were 10/12/14 years old (delete as appropriate)Wierd what memories it brought back!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 November 2009
The album was just as good as I remember first time round when I bought it over 20 years ago! Ah memories! It is surprising that when singing along that I could still remember the words after all this time. One of the best uplifting albums I have ever heard. 'Starmaker' and 'High Fidelity' have got to be the best on the album. Well worth buying if you were a fan of the series. It is such a shame that the other 'Fame' albums have not been released on C.D! Now all we need is for the rest of the series to be released on DVD!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 January 2014
camp value and then finding the rough gold behind the nostalgia Fame has paved the way for so many of todays popular culkture. Madonna auditioned!
on 20 June 2013
brought back the past when I was at school and mum was still with us the family would get together and even mum would have a good sing.