Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£23.95+ £1.26 shipping

This brilliant twofer combines I like men, a great 1959 album based around the theme of men, with Sugar 'n' spice, a classic album from 1962.
I like men (a song that Peggy co-wrote) is a very upbeat, entertaining song in which Peggy expresses her enthusiasm for men, though her personal life suggests that she never found the right one. Perhaps the most famous song here is I'm just wild about Harry, though Andrews sisters fans will recognize Oh Johnny oh Johnny oh. Both those are great up-tempo songs, as is the opening Charley my boy. Among the slower songs, So in love was written by Cole Porter but When a woman loves a man is the best known – and best – of the ballads. Many great singers of the Great American Songbook have recorded it, but Peggy's version is outstanding. Good for nothing Joe is downbeat, unlike most of the album.
Sugar 'n' spice is similar in style although there is no obvious theme except love. As with I like men, the overall feel of the album is bright and cheery. The well-known songs here include The best is yet to come and I've got the world on a string. I believe in you is a great song that I don't remember hearing elsewhere, although I've heard several completely different songs with an identical title. To my ears, the outstanding ballad here is When the sun comes out.
All Peggy's albums from the fifties and sixties were brilliant. These two albums are both essential for true Peggy fans and will provide enormous pleasure to anybody who enjoys quality jazz-pop music.