Customer reviews

on 17 June 2017
This was bought to replace my dad's original from 1960 that for sentimental reasons i will not play in case i damage it, i wish i hadn't. It is meant to be a 180g audiophile heavyweight vinyl and it sounds like it was recorded in the 1920's. it jumps so many times i cannot even play it and elvis sounds as though he is singing with a paper bag over his head. the tracks are completely different to the original and the cover looks like it was done on a bad photo copying machine. if you love elvis please avoid this disaster at all costs and look for a good original copy as that is how it is meant to sound.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 November 2014
I Have Just Listened To This Album Again And It Really Is A Superb Album From 1959 That Includes Some Of Elvis Great Recordings From His Sun Records Releases Which Set The Foundations Of Elvis Success .
In My Opinion BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY Was Crucial For The Album"s First Track ( a personal favorite of mine )
As It Sets Up The Listener To A Great Rocker Of An Album Track After Track , Which Is Exciting And Awe Inspiring Pleasure To The Ears And Deserves It"s Place In History ,
This Is The 2013 Vinyl Edition 180 Gram Vinyl Release From WAX TIME With The British Track Listing Version,
I Know That Some People Would Have Liked The Original U.S.A. Album Track List But To Be Honest This Is A Truly Fantastic Album With Some Great Early Elvis Rock "n Roll Songs , With Great Sound And Vocals Of The Powerful Raw Elvis At His Exciting Best, Treat Yourself To The Vinyl Edition And Sit Back And Enjoy This Fantastic Album...You"ll Be Glad You Did.
on 28 September 2017
A classic album that is enhanced by a second disc of alternative versions and outtakes.A superb addition to any collection
on 13 June 2012
This review only applies to the RCA/BMG release 1996 edition 'The Original Elvis Presley Collection' 74321906092

I bought this CD thinking that it was the 'Original' release as stated in the title... only I was wrong.

The proper track listing is:
Blue Moon Of Kentucky
Good Rockin' Tonight
Is It So Strange
We're Gonna Move
I Want To Be Free
I Forgot To Remember To Forget.

The CD completely omits:
Young and Beautiful
(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
I Want To Be Free
I Forgot To Remember To Forget

Adding instead:
I don't Care if the sun don't shine
Tutti Frutti
I Gonna Sit Down and Cry
I got a Woman
Blue moon
Just Because
One Sided love affair
Let Me.

Ok so you get a load of good songs and I know i'm nit picking! But I really wanted the original track listing rather than a bunch of tunes that have already appeared on previous Golden Records compilations and at the expense of tunes I haven't heard. Not Amazon's fault but if you are a Elvis purist avoid this cobbled together edition.
The album artwork is also nothing like the original and the one displayed which is also really annoying as well.
on 24 June 2016
Released while elvis was in the army. Made up of some early film songs and a few others. Not a great album by any means but not a bad one either. TCB.
on 23 January 2012
Great songs, great album, poor edition. Really; avoid this hallmark garbage! The songs have been taken off vinyl and had noise reduction or compression or something and just sound terrible. Save your money and buy the Sony releases instead. You'll thank yourself in the end, believe me...
22 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 June 2017
Average Album
on 3 April 2017
very good i liked this very much.
on 30 April 2016
Bought as a gift.i know how excellant this album is.as i have the original from 1959
Superb.
on 23 April 2015
AS ALWAYS MY IDOL ELVIS SINGS HIS BEST, THOUGH SAYING THAT HE'S NEVER SANG A BAS SONG YET BRILLIANT 10 OUT OF 10