Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 April 2008
Okay, I have always been a huge fan of smooth soul and R&B, and Roberta Flack has always been the perfect mix of those two genres. I usually like my soul music with a little oomph, but damn, I melt each and every single time I listen to Roberta's music. Not since Dionne Warwick has there been a singer who sang her songs so effortlessly. This is a rather short compilation, but it's her first, and still the best if you ask me. All of her greatest hits are here. From the stunning, and hopelessly romantic "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", to her legendary collaboration with Mr. H on "Where Is the Love". But these are far from being the only highlights on this album. Her reading of The Shirelle's "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" is fantastic, and "Feel Like Makin' Love" still stands the test of time. I'm a huge fan of Dionne Warwick, Grace Jones, Etta James, Gladys Knight and so on, but Roberta melts my heart.

Highlights: "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow", "Feel Like Makin' Love" and "Where Is the Love".
on 27 January 2013
Have always loved Roberta Flack and this cd does not disappoint at all. A great collection of songs sung in her haunting voice, especially the wonderful 'First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' which is the most beautiful song ever in my opinion.
on 3 February 2014
I bought this album for certain tracks which I knew and love. I was pleasantly surprised to find I like more of it after listening to the album but as with all albums there are some 'fill in' tracks. It arrived promptly and in good condition.
on 8 March 2007
I'd just like to say I've done more shagging to this album than any other in the history of popular music. Perhaps that's the wrong phrase to use, making love would be more appropriate. It is music to listen to before, during and after with someone special not someone you've just pulled and bought a bag of chips for.

I'll leave the strict musical critique to some of you whom are better qualified but I tend to agree with earlier reviewers in that I prefer the earlier stuff . I also have to say that the first time I heard the Fugee's version of killing me softly I was so incensed that I wanted to kick the radio in and have the Fugee's deported for impersonating singers. In hindsight I would say that I now do like and appreciate the Fugee's version and with deference to Miss Hill, she can sure sing but I would have gladly traded her life for the hunter who shot Bambi's mother when I first heard her version. I think the sacrilege she committed was felt by many but now that isn't a crime to pin on her but an appreciation of the beauty of the voice of Miss Roberta Flack.
on 7 August 2014
I had forgotten about Roberta Flack till a recent ad campaign started with one of her most exquisite songs. It sends shivers up my spine
on 10 July 2014
bought this great album after watching the Roberta Flack story on TV. Have play it over and over again, happy teenage memories.
on 14 December 2014
Purchased as a gift for someone who just wanted the couple of top twenty singles, but was very pleased with the entire album.
on 4 December 2014
As new. very good value. Fast efficient delivery. Very satisfied. Many thanks
on 9 April 2015
Fast delivery and perfect item - just as described :)
on 9 May 2015
great voice-great songs -great value cd