Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 August 2016
This movie has some of the most beautiful, powerful and brilliant music I've ever heard in a film, the burning bush music is, in my opinion the perfect music to think of God with, soothing, but powerful, strong, but gentle. The songs do what songs in a movie should do, continue the story, explain the feelings of the characters and not halt the film just for the sake of a song number, if like good music, this is the soundtrack for you.
on 5 July 2017
One of my favourite albums, would highly recommend.
on 24 July 2016
Awesome-sauce!!!! I play it on my mini Jukebox!!!
review image
on 10 April 2015
Love this film (although not biblically accurate) and love this film track.
on 9 October 2001
Original songs: Stephen Schwartz; Score by Hans Zimmer. It's no wonder that such a marvellous story requires a powerful, yet moving soundtrack - but the music is so awe-inspiring, that you are plunged into the magical Exodus tale. The first number "Deliver Us" has to be one of the best expositions I've come across in movie music - introducing diligently the all important motifs upon which the soundtrack is based. The choirs bring the pain of the music to life. Rhythmical interest is key to "All I ever wanted", with a triplet backing contrasting to the straight tune well sung by Amick Byram. "Through Heaven's Eyes" is the typical pacey morale-lifting song. Hans Zimmer's delivery of "The Bushing Bush" creates a magic that you almost feel - with many dramatic horn flourishes and dymanic excellence. "The Plagues" again demonstrates the talents of the composer/s - a great choral number. The films is rounded off with "When You Believe" - with a superb minor-major contrast, also picked up an award for its melody. The "Red Sea" is the recapitulation of the movie's stunning soundtrack - bringing together all the major themes with a superb orchestral arrangement.
Full marks for use of authentic instruments and variety of style and rhythm!!
on 24 May 2004
The music on this CD is perfect if you want to get the full "flavour" of the film on CD. It has all the songs on it, and my favourite has to be The Plagues, especially since you can take on the characters of Moses and Rameses and sing along.
The only thing I do not like on this cd is the songs by various famous artists. The one by Mariah Carey and Whitney is too over the top and there are too many trills in it. They sing it as if they were the ones who wrote it. The other songs later on in the soundtrack dont appeal to me at all either.
Apart from that I would definitely recommend you buy it if you are considering buying it!
on 9 June 2009
Ever since I've seen the film I've absolutely loved it. The score by Hans Zimmer is truly a masterpiece, and Ofra Haza's vocals have always given me goosebumps and brought a lump to my throat when listened to in 'Deliver Us'. This CD is great to have and listen to without having to watch the film (not that I don't want to watch the film), but the last four songs are excruciatingly cheesy, as well as the first song by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey which covers 'When You Believe'. Many may not agree with me, but I think those were unnecessary to add. The complete and utter soundtrack (Moses and Rameses' chariot race music wasn't included to my disappointment) would be enough for me.
on 29 November 1999
When I saw the film I thought it was so good. I decided to buy the soundtrack. I found the soundtrack album perfect since I am a fan of Ofra Haza. Her vocals always take me to another world. There are oriental motifs as well as pop and chorus. And of course there is Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston...
on 11 August 2013
I personally don't care for the remixes/covers by singers. I just love the songs from the film.

The reason why I gave this only 4 stars **** is because I don't think it has the very final ending music from the film where Moses leads his people into the sunset. This is a shame because for me this is one of the most stunning compositions ever. Or it may just be that the arrangement is different than the film! So a tad disappointing for me
on 30 July 2009
What a blessing this c.d has been to me, esp the song 'when you believe' I love that. The film is great too!