on 25 August 2009
I bought this album after hearing The Whole of the Moon for the first time in a good many years on the car radio and having to stop the car because I found myself inexplicably in tears. Such is the power of music to take you back to a specific time and place. This one reminds me of my very good friend Claire Walsh who left us to return to Ireland...Lyrically, Mike Scott is genius. Uplifting,spiritual, melancholic, wistful 'I just found God where he always was' makes me smile. Sadly, I hit replay so often after the first two tracks athat I rarely make it the whole way through, but I know what is waiting for me when I have the time and it feels just like meeting an old friend after a gap of many years. I don't think that either of us has changed so very much after all.
on 23 July 2017
arrived on time and cd as described. thanks
on 10 February 2017
excellent
on 8 September 2017
Just as expected.
on 12 April 2016
Prompt delivery; excellent condition; a good album but an acquired taste.
on 25 February 2012
to me this is the best of the waterboys. Gritty, full of heart. Very reminiscent of what the era was about. Love it!
on 23 August 2001
Any best of album will invariably leave out some of your favourite tracks and this is no exception. But with so many great songs to choose from it's to be expected.
But this is still a first class collection of songs covering most of the group's changes of personel and genre. And for those who have all the albums there's still an incentive to buy this collection due to the inclusion of live tracks (A Girl Called Johnny & Rare, Precious and Gone)and a previously unreleased track (Higher in Time).
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2015
A bit disappointed
on 22 June 2014
Giving one star only to rate my disappointment. Cannot rate as I did not receive this item., I would love to have owned, but as no response from the sender will not use again.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2013
making people write long reviews on ggod they receive is in my opinion expecting a lot. surely just a simple word comment is enough??