on 28 January 2001
Jeff Healey is a man that is pure genius. How he can execute and play the guitar so well while still being blind is beyond me. He is man that is an inspriation to us all. I think that one of my favourite tracks of all time is on this album the quite outstanding See the light, the guitaring is simply brilliant. But confidence man is my best track off this album. After first seeing Jeff Healy on the Roadhouse film with Patrick Swayze i decided to follow that up and by the Hell to pay album. I was immeditaly hooked. The very best of the Jeff Healy band album has it all, Country,blues rock and a bit of metal. I think that any one who likes real music the way it should be played will appreciate this quite outstanding piece of work from a man and his band that is one of the most underrated in the world. They have not had much exposure of the UK which is a shame. I think that this album has to be one of the all time piece of best music put together. If you have not heard the Jeff Healy band play before then you dont know what you are missing. I would recomend this album to any one that has the time and money to buy. Pure genius may there be more from this great band.
on 14 September 2003
For a blind white boy, he plays the blues pretty well. Sorry Patrick, had to paraphrase there.
From his covers to his originals, his soaring guitarwork and tremendous vocals cut through both sensitively and agressively. The mellow parts are mellow, the rough parts are rough.
A highlight for me was the version of House That Love Built..rock n' roll. But all the tracks are superb, from the opening It Could All Get Blown Away to the magnificent closing track of Wile My Guitar Gently Weeps.
This album is a must for anyone wanting to explore Healey's style, or anyone wanting to hear one of Canada's most talented exports. Let's face it, he beats Celine Dion by several country miles.
on 18 May 2012
You get a lot of songs for your purchase and by a genius! What more could you want! This is the band that plays in the film Roadhouse. Jeff is the most amazing guitarist & surprisingly he is completely blind...now if that isn't talent worth hearing - what is!?
on 7 March 2013
Everything Jeff turned out he did well. I have not heard a bad album from him. I don't like jazz much, but that and blues nudge so close sometimes, it often doesn't matter.
on 17 March 2015
If you have never listened to Jeff Healey, then this cd might show you that this person as talent and is well worth listening to on a nice relaxing spell in your life.