Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(3 star). See all 429 reviews
on 26 January 2018
Is what it is
on 7 February 2013
Metallica has been one of my favorite albums (shocking I know...) so getting this in 45rpm was something I was planning for a long time.
Nice overall, but it still has all the issues of all previous versions. Like the screeching S on Nothing else matters.
I also don t like the huge box which does not fit straight up on my shelves along with the rest of my records.
Anyway... you know you want this, so just get it :)

I just hope that at some point Bob Rock decides to release a proper remastering from his own tapes :)
on 19 October 2012
Its the classic Metallica Album. I think I probably find them too heavy for regular listening but they really moved Heavy Music on...
on 3 February 2016
Not great quality box. Used
on 14 October 2014
Not bad and displays a bit of versatility
on 7 January 2016
There seems to be an issue with every copy we get! we did have 2 copies of 2008 europe pressing brought from a shop not amazon where "nothing else matters" was just an absolutely terrible pressing (jumping around, bad sound) so we returned that!

This copy (2014 pressing) seems to be a lot better but we still had a blip with "nothing else matters" but this time it was just 1 second worth so we accepted it as we couldn't be bothered with more hassle!

sounds awesome minus that one error!
on 3 March 2012
ordered this to replace my old one that is very very old ............ordered it 13 days ago and still hasnt been dispatched!!! ..................4 more days and still waitin........what is goin on!!!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 January 2014
I like Metallika, but that sounded a bit old or may be I am just out of it, better download
on 28 January 2009
This is a slightly over-produced Metallica, with songs that lack the fire and intensity of previous albums. After "Ride the Lightning" and "Master of Puppets" defined "the sound" for thrash metal bands, "... And Justice For All" blew them all away by taking away all the reverb (and bass guitar!) and concentrating on making the guitar riffs as crunchy and salty as possible.

This album is the antidote to all that went before. The atonality of previous albums is replaced with rock/blues based riffs, meaty bass, and probably the most perfect metal guitar sound ever. The lyrics are utter nonsense however, and there's no overall theme to the album at all, thus no cohesion. This is Metallica at the height of both their career and their arrogance, right down to the Spinal Tap styled album cover - black and untitled.

They had made their money, bought their mansions, estates and car collections... in short, they had nothing more to write about and could only deliver soulless pop music. It would take another 18 years for them to deliver what the fans really wanted, and deserved.
on 10 April 2017
It's ok, for non rock fans too