Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 April 2001
Man, where do I start. I bought this album after becoming undetatchable from Incubus's first full length album S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Enjoy was slightly different, but still showed the immense talent and an original style, combinging their Californian surf culture roots with their own slice of fresh funk and a dash of 'nu-metal'. Being a big fan of funk I took to this immediatly. All the songs put me in a 'feel good' mood, due to the genuine enjoyment from life and music that the band has, which clearly comes accross in their own music. These combinations make for a very interesting listen, and with a 'hidden' instrumental song you get more than your told for your money. *DEFINATELY* worth your hard earned cash! I also highly recomend their other albums too.
on 19 April 2001
This seven track EP is undoubtedly a demonstration of what an "un-trained" Incubus were capable of in their relative youth. There are clear signs of some fresh potential - provided by all five members - as the band takes you down its own avenue of funk, combined with a dressed-up rocky-scar (even with the odd hint of Santa-esk soloing by Dynamike). The end product is both raw and origional, and is essentially a "chill-out" EP. Incubus certainly communicates its LA street-surfer image, with smooth vibes radiating strongly throughout every track. However, the popular view that this effort is not Incubus' best is debatable. The EP is by no means "main-stream friendly" - for that you need to check out 'Make Yourself', the popularly acclaimed superior- as the band's naivety as a song-writing unit is often evident. But "ignorance is bliss" - for who needs or even wants another predictable main-stream band? This effort is Incubus before the record company realised that they had a potential gold mind in their back pocket. It is Incubus trying to communicate their alternative chill-out funk for the very first time. The end result is the purest attempt at origionality and groove I have heard in a long time, and it is definitely worth checkin' out.
on 21 April 2002
I was suprised with this album primarily because as an EP with only six tracks, I would have thought the worse. However, "Enjoy Incubus" defies all my preconceptions. The remakes of "You Will Be A Hot Dancer", "Shaft", and the others are so much better than the Fungus Amongus originials. The scratches and enhanced bass really make them sound so cool. The newtracks: "Version" and "Azwethinkweiz" are also brilliant, and the interludes are funny too. This is certainly worth getting despite the lack of tracks available, and is definately a step up from the self-released predecessor.
on 19 March 2001
i heard the more metal and experimental stuff from incubus on science. This cd nowhere near what they did their, but it still is a great disc. The funky, hiphop, mixed with some metal and some jazzy-blues grooves just launched incubus in my top 5 bands ever. I like it when a band has such an open minded view on music.
on 1 December 2000
If you like Incubus, buy this EP. Their old music isnt as bad as youd expect from teenagers, they wrote this music in their teens. The music is very funky and cheerful + some great lirics from Brandon Boyd. Its just a cool CD, good for chilling to. Favourite song of mine is 'Take me to their leader' which is pobably the hardest song on the EP. This is quality stuff.
on 2 August 2000
Just the kind of music you want to listen to when you want to chill out. Cool guitar riffs syntesised with great mixing as well as brilliant vocals. Definitely buy this one!
on 26 June 2011
I haven't receive it yet, I hope that happen this week.
But Incubus music is great, so I think this is going to be a great CD.
on 9 January 2001
I have to say that this CD certainly isn't great. Incubus are one of the best bands around but this EP is their worst record. They mix both nu-metal and hip-hop elements into their work, which in most cases produces some class music, but Enjoy Incubus does sound slighty alienating at time, making you confused as to what is happening. If you are a big Incubus fan I would buy this, but don't make it the first Incubus record you buy, try Make Yourself!!!
on 11 April 2001
I only bought this CD yesterday after hearing only one Incubus song ('Certain Shade of Green'). I didn't really know what to expect, but I was tres impressed! If this is not their best album, I can't wait to hear Make Yourself and SCIENCE! I'll definately be seeing them in Manchester in June! Obvious comment to follow...the bass player is amazing, he's in effect the lead guitarist! Scratches are also good to have in songs! Damn! Just when I thought I could save some money, I HAVE to buy some Incubus CDs now! Still, it'll be well worth it!
on 15 October 2014