Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 May 2017
reliving my youth
on 13 April 2017
possibly one of my favourite albums, great lyrics and just my kind of music, all the best songs from their back catalogue
on 28 August 2017
Class. Reliving my younger days!!!
on 3 June 2017
Good music. Fast delivery.
on 10 June 2004
I thought I only knew a couple of songs by Del Amitri ("Nothing Ever Happens" & "Last to Know") and purchased the CD purely on the merits of those songs. As I listened to it though many more sounded familiar...and those that I had not heard of I loved immediatly. The songs are full of catchy lyrics & melodies that you find yourself humming throughout the day. This CD now lives in my stereo on a full-time basis. I can't say that I am a Del Amitri fan on the sole basis of having their Greatest Hits CD but they are fantastic muso's and I would recommend this CD to anyone who likes up-beat, catchy tunes.
on 19 May 2017
First class serves
on 1 July 2017
Great
on 19 July 2017
I have a somewhat vested interest in one of the songs on the CD Cry to be found....I appeared in the video was "discovered" while delivering the post on Aldeburgh Caravan Park where it was filmed I played an American style postman..... Do like this CD my favourite track Nothing ever happens which to me is a "Classic "
on 1 July 2014
Just a dull album, really wanted to like it but even the songs I recognised sounded dull.Would not even have it as background music
on 27 November 2003
A slightly louder offshoot of the "jangly Scottish pop" phenomenon of the 80's, Del Amitri are worth your ear-time and CD-space for so many reasons:
- Because they write great, catchy, whistle-able pop tunes.
- Because they write insightful, witty songs about relationship disasters which still burst with hope and optimism.
- Because they are stunningly good at what they do.
- Because you cannot listen to any random three Del Amitri songs without feeling that little bit better about life.
It's impossible to explain music in writing, but to give you an idea about what makes them so good, let's consider the last track on this album, their Scotland World Cup song "Don't Come Home Too Soon". Here they take on a justly despised musical form (the footie song), a nation which always seems to fall short on the big stage in any sport (my own beloved Scotland) and, bridging them, the appalling musical crime of Andy Cameron's "Ally's Tartan Army", the Scotland World Cup song of 1978 which proudly claimed over truly dreadful music that "We'll really shake them up when we win the World Cup, 'cos Scotland are the greatest football team!" What do the Dels do? Well, first of all they write a soaring, uplifting melody which might have given Cameron's drivel the slightest hint of plausibility. And then they write a lyric entirely focused on Scotland not getting knocked out in the first Group stage! Talk about setting a more realistic goal... although it still didn't work.
There are no dud tracks on this album. So why four stars and not five? Well, I don't want you to think that buying this exhausts all that makes Del Amitri a truly first-rate band. The best, probably only, way to do that is to buy all their albums, because every one's a gem. If you really have room for only one Dels album on your life this will do, but buy "Change Everything" and you'll soon feel the need to own the rest.