Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 November 2011
Was getting a bit bored with not having purchased any new music for a while so decided to have a look for something 'new'. I remember this album coming out when I was a teenager and the song 'Horse Called War', but never purchased the album as I was a very poor teenager! While looking on Amazon something made me search for this album, I didn't read any reviews and just bought it! 3 weeks later it still hasn't left my car stereo, I just can't stop playing it. It doesn't sound overly polished like a lot of todays music, it has a great southern vibe to it, but most of all it has well crafted songs with some great playing from the band. I can see why Ozzy snapped him up. If you are reading this and thinking about buying this album, don't think any longer. Buy it as you are wasting precious listening time!
on 6 March 2014
Awesome album. Totally love it. I had to buy another one as I had the Cassette version of this from when it first came out and I completely wore it out. This album is great for fans of country rock. Real cool!
on 17 March 2010
Have been a fan of zakk Wylde's work with Ozzy, I got a copy of Book of shadows and was not massively impressed. It put me off venturing any closer to his solo efforts for a very long time. Then.. I came accross a copy of this and that all changed.

This is a corner stone album for any fan of heavy/country rock. Great songs, great playing, great production, the list of greats are too numerous to mention. Not as balls out heavy as his Black Label Society work, but definatly one to own.

His best recorded work.
on 6 July 2010
this is zakk at his best never mind his ozzy days this and book of shadows are zakks masterpieces end of the only album to cum close to this is bls sonic brew or alcohol fuled brutality.pride has everything ballads and heavy metal in a style zakk can only pull off never mind metallicas kurk hammet or kerry king zakk is god and will always remain so,just listen to the solo at the end of shine on and the ballodic beauty of sweet jesus and you will no what im talking abut.S.D.M.F!