Customer reviews

Dig the New Breed
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 May 2017
Possibly the best Jam album ever!!! In my humble opinion The Jam as a band where never better than when they where tearing it up on stage . Big Bird and Standards are just classic Mod tracks not a bad number any where on the album
on 29 April 2017
classic
on 4 March 2017
👍🏻
on 25 August 2017
Classic live Jam.A must for any collection.
on 30 August 2017
Awesome live record. Turn it up (& turn down the treble!!) to enjoy an amazing live rock band.
on 3 November 2016
Excellent service and goods
on 19 March 2017
cool very good service
on 7 March 2017
Thanks
on 16 July 2017
With the release of a live album from From The Jam (Bruce Foxton and Russell Hastings' reincarnated Jam) later this year it seemed like a good idea to buy the only live album released by the Jam before their breakup in 1982, in fact it was released to coincide with the end of their final tour.

Although I was a huge Jam fan buying their studio albums in vinyl as they were released and again in CD format I didn't actually buy Dig The New Breed when it was released as I am generally not a big fan of live albums. So it is only now 35 years on that my interest in the original band's live album has been reawakened, for comparative purposes with the imminent release from From the Jam.

Dig The New Breed is a fabulous memory jerker reminding me of the many great nights I spent crushed in front of a stage somewhere watching the Jam perform, I'd forgotten how frenetic their performances were. Disappointingly though I was not at any of the gigs featured on the album and that's part of my problem with Dig the New Breed, not that I wasn't at these gigs, but that it’s a career spanning retrospective live album with tracks recorded from '77 to '82 and not a record of one night or one tour and I tend to prefer the latter in my live albums.

So in effect it’s a sort of live Jam greatest hits, but its not; it’s a collection of some hits and other tracks with many of their biggest hits missing. But compiling an album is not yet a perfect science, and I guess many pub-hours and pints have already been whiled away trying to list the Jam's 14 best tracks (I'd start with the whole of Sound Affects as the backbone, drop a couple of tracks and add Going Underground, Down In the Tube Station At Midnight, Eton Rifles and Town Called Malice but that's today's answer, tomorrow's could be different).

So in summary, Dig the New Breed is a reminder of how very good the Jam were live, although it has the usual live album issues of dodgy sound on some tracks, however its not a good introduction to Britain's biggest band of the late '70s/early '80s. But for those of us who were there and are now trying to stop the advances of middle age it's a must have album for the gym.
on 3 July 2015