New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 February 2002
If you haven't heard any Horse before, do yourself a favour and buy this one. The most amazing voice this country has produced in the last 20 years, with a vocal range that allows everyone to sing along somewhere and feel the emotion that is embedded in every song. From the fast racing "The speed of the beat of my heart" to the slow soulful tracks like "Sweet Thing", all contain meaningful lyrics that you'll identify with (which is rare in today's charts). Buy some good speakers, turn the stereo up and let Horse's voice envelop your senses - and you'll find that this is the best value CD you've ever bought!
on 6 April 2001
I also bought this album in 1990 and I still go back to it after out-listening most of my other CDs. That voice, well, it's just so hard to describe. I bought 'The Speed of the Beat of my Heart' on 7" single all those years ago and couldn't stop listening to it so bought the album Same Sky. What a fantastic buy. 'Careful' and 'Breathe Me' are possibly the most "goosepimple producing" tunes ever to be heard. I've spent many a night lying on my bed with the headphones on with the volume turned to a ridiculous level - but that just adds to the atmosphere which is HORSE. GET IT - IT'S TOO GOOD NOT TO HAVE.
the first i heard of horse was an ex playing careful to me..oh the days of first love...never bought it then...then i did buy the careful remix e.p. and loved the song its been a favourite for many years....

many times ive been flicking about in various records shops and thinking should i or should nt i? well one night was having a few drinks playing some cds while browsing the internet! if i hadnt i might never have bought this cd...ever!!!

horse has an amazing voice....a cross between alison moyet and vince clarke!!!! but because she writes the songs herself she gives them 150% every time...she is a brilliant vocalist and a brilliant songwriter! if she wasnt a lesbian and looked like jennifer lopez she would undoubtedly be a huge artist. but thats the music industry for you....shes a lesbian and sings about lesbian things so we wont promote her!!!

horse lyrics are bigger than that....anyone can relate to them...would she have been better to pretend she was straight to get mass appeal like some stars? NOT HORSE!

so to the album it is truly fantastic with the exception maybe of ...and then she smiled which i dont like the arrangements of!

the rest though is top of the pile fantastic...my favourites are the sound of my beating heart, never not going, breathe me and of course careful!

maybe one day she will get the recognition she deserves! but i doubt that! and its nice sometimes to have something no-one knows in your collection...but everybody goes who is that!!!!

a top album from a top singer and on the strenght of it have bought all the rest and they are just as good with the exception of coveted...which doesnt do it as its an album of covers and either she doesnt feel them or the originals where too good!

buy this..be happy..or i will refund your money....oo-er!
on 22 September 2003
I bought this when it first came out on cassette tape (remember them!) and then upgraded to CD. This is excellent. Horse has a voice that is just superb.
This CD is timeless. None of the songs have dated, they are very well written and sung by a woman that can hold a tune. Careful is just a beautiful song and Speed of My Heart just bring back the memories.
If you're a music fan, get this in your collection. When you see the pap that's in the charts today, why is this woman not a superstar?!
on 12 July 2016
On the tail end of the glasgow thing that was dominant in 1989 that met the australian summer head to head... 1 year later Horse releases "the same sky" not any major chart topping hits but track 2 "the speed of the beat of my heart" got plentiful airplay north of the border but don't personally recall hearing it on radio 1 after the programme round table gave the single a rather bad review, but ignore the critics that slammed this album along with a few other artists at the time, when you have 2 or 3 early horse albums together you listen and think... yeah! and if you like Hue & Cry, deacon blue or Goodbye Mr. McKenzie you should like this album.
on 15 September 2013
I must admit, as a gay male teen I only bought my first Horse single (in the late 80's) because I liked the pic of the attractive young man! Having loved 'his' voice and the song I bought all the subsequent singles. 'Sweet Thing' - one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard is the highlight for me. This album opens with the same sound my hound makes which I find utterly charming and all of the songs are extremely well crafted and repeat listenable. I only bought this album again recently on CD and am VERY glad to have discovered Horse again. I never did find out that Horse is in fact a very handsome woman until about 15 years later. Criminally underrated and undercharted, I love her.
on 5 February 2001
i BOUGHT THIS CD IN 1990 AND IT HAS BEEN CONTINUAL PLAYED UNTIL FRIENDS BORROW IT,THIS TIME NO ONE IS OWNING UP to HAVING IT. It is that good,the range of tracks just haunt me and remind me of all those good moments in relationships,the words mean so much and the musical arrangment is unbelievable,it sends tingles down my spine, THIS IS A MUST FOR EVERY CD COLLECTION! IM ORDERING NOW AND KEEPING IT HIDDEN.
on 30 July 2005
...this would be the one! I bought it AGES ago and it's still in my CD player even as I write this! I adore this woman - what a voice! I was introduced to Horse in the early 1990s by a friend via the fabulous 'You Could Be Forgiven', which still hits the spot every time I hear it. I was expecting great things of Horse but it seems that she's now doing very low-key gigs and her releases are confined to the gay network. Would love to know how to get hold of her more recent stuff. Horse - I want to have your children!!!
on 1 December 2013
If we're talking "voice of an angel", this is what I want my angels to sound like! Powerful, emotional, deep ... This album brings back happy memories of the early 90s and I hoped I wouldn't be disappointed reconnecting with it nearly 20 years later. I wasn't.
on 4 April 2006
I first heard The Same Sky years ago in tape form in fact I played it so often I ruined the thing. I was surprised not to have heard more of Horse and wondered what had happened to them.
The lyrics were original and the music brilliant. I have since ordered it as a CD and again have it playing non - stop. I urge anyone who hasn't listened to this to buy it and give themselves a treat!!