Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 April 2017
excellent quick service, product as described.
on 11 August 2011
I had this on cassette and wanted to pick up a CD version secondhand. Confusingly, this release has a quite different track listing to the identically titled CD with the same image only in pink, which is missing Beatbox, Moments in Love, and Clost to the Edit.

The track listing of this blue-covered Best of is:
1) Opus 4 2mins
6) Paranomia (featuring Max Headroom) 6.40 mins
7) Legacy 8.20 mins
8) Dragnet'88 7.15 mins
9) Kiss (featuring Tom Jones) 8.09 mins
10)Something always happens 2.28 mins.

Although many tracks are shared on both, I believe that this blue version has extended mixes of the same songs. Art of Noise and their label released lots of different versions of tracks, all discussed a fair bit on Wikipedia, so it's a question of what you like best. The differences between the pink and blue versions are discussed in detail in reviews on amazon.com (US Amazon). Obviously, I really like this version, but I'm docking one star for the "watered-down" Beatbox (Diversion One), instead of the original punchy Beatbox which appeared on the EP "Into Battle With the Art of Noise", now re-released. That version also seems to be on the about-to-be released (Sept 2011) Collector's edition of "Who's afraid of the Art of Noise".
on 10 May 2014
Let me begin by stating that I am no expert when it comes to music. My tastes are pedestrian and retro but I know what I like and Gizmo music falls into this category. I had never really heard of Art of NOise before coming across their version of the Robinson Crusoe theme tune. That caught me and led on to my listening to this album. It is esoteric, very bohemian and slightly weird but if you like electronic music that contains a beat and has energy then this is an excellent album.
I subsequently read that every type of music in the 90's was influenced by this group and whilst I am, as indicated above, no expert on music I can see why this is said. Well worth listening to and very original.
on 9 November 2015
I'm never quite sure what this cd best of is fully called as there is this 'blue album' best of & there is also 'pink album' best of. This the 'blue album' has longer tracks on it & remixed tracks too and for me is favoured over the more common 'pink album' which has more normal versions on it.
on 30 June 2015
The best best of cd out there of this forgotten band, all the hits you need GR8!
on 25 June 2016
I had only been able to get this on Cassett until now.
on 19 June 2015
Good delivery item as described
on 6 December 2016
As good now as was then.
on 25 July 2013
I'll be honest, some of it on here is noise, but the good tracks more than make up for it. Anyone who is a fan of 80s synth pop would enjoy this, but it may not be to everybody's taste.
on 9 May 2016