Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 11 September 2008
This dark minimalist epic is not just Richard (Aphex Twin) James's finest album, but one of the all time greats. Bleak, haunting and hypnotic - the Philip Glass of electronica delivers on his immense talent as a composer and musician. I'd give it six stars if I could, but rest assured this is a unique audiological adventure.
on 15 December 2000
This album is perhaps the guy's best. It contains some of the most heavy duty acid squelching I ever heard, along with a couple of more melodic numbers. If you are after some of his more intense stuff, a la the R&S compilation, you must but this. If you haven't heard of the Aphex Twin before, then you must also buy this. Don't expect Moby though. The one from the tyre advert is here too.
on 20 January 2001
This CD sat in my collection for a very long time largely unnoticed. It didn't seem that easy to listen to, so I put it to one side. But when I did eventually put listen to it properly I was amazed. Along with "...I Care Because You Do" this is my favourite album by Richard James. Two of the tracks, Cordialatron and Astroblaster, are thumping classics, but most of the other tracks are something special. This CD is packed with quality, well worth buying if you have the chance
on 1 June 2001
I am usually reluctant to give anything five stars and look like a biased fanatic, but this is really something special. The tracks here combine thumping rave and techno drum loops with soft, bouncing melodies to great and unusual effect. If you liked Classics (also Aphex Twin) then this will also appeal.