Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 November 2016
A nice blend of classical opera arias. It is joy to listen to this album.
on 18 May 2017
Good value and although pre-used was in excellent condition.
on 30 July 2017
Amazing.
on 24 June 2017
Fine
on 8 January 2006
As a novice listener of opera, this collection has been ideal in learning to appreciate the wealth of fantastic music that is out there. I can heartily recommend this!!
on 10 March 2001
I have never found such a wonderful mixture of popular opera classics in one album. I will be pleasantly surpised if it will ever be surpassed.
on 16 February 2010
I bought a copy of this many years ago, but it got mislaid when i moved.
i think its fantastic!!! FIVE STAR LISTENING
I meant to get another copy and kept promising my self to do so "BECAUSE it is the BEST OPERA ALBUM YET".
It's got all my favorites on it! brill!!!!
on 21 February 2013
A Superabundance of great arias and voices:Domingo as Carvadossi in Tosca,Freni as Mimi in La Boheme,Caballe as Manon in Manon Lescaut,Carreras as Canio in I Pagliacci,Boris Christoff as Mephisto in Gounod's Faust,Beverley Sills as Violetta in La Traviata.
Rossini,Catalani,Puccini,Verdi,Mozart,Delibes,Massenet,Mussorgsky,Wagner,Bizet,Gounod,Lalo,Offenbach,Adam,Donizetti,Berlioz,Charpentier,Mascagni,Berlioz,Bellini,Giordano are all represented.
Highlights:Callas singing "Casta Diva",Berganza "Voi che sapete",Scotto "Un bel di vedremo",Carreras "Vesti la giubba".
A wonderful collection.
on 10 January 2015
Ab fab! This really is the best opera album in the world ever, especially if you're an opera newbie like me. There are two discs and the music is grouped by opera. So, for example, all tracks from Madame Butterfly are grouped together, as are all tracks from La Boheme etc. This is very helpful for familiarisation with different operas, composers etc. Also the selection of music is exactly what I was looking for. All the most popular and well-known pieces are there and are performed by world famous artists. This is my absolute favourite opera album and comes everywhere with me.
on 10 March 2001