Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 March 2000
After listening to the first track,'Betty Et Zorg,'in a drama lesson instantly I felt sad. The eerie score of the first track created a strong sense of emotion, and the low bluesy tone of it gave me a sense of lonelyness and being down. The other tracks on the album are also very inspirational and enjoyable to listen to. I definatly have a slot in my CD rack reserved for it.
on 11 July 2015
If you loved the movie, you'll love the soundtrack.
on 1 March 2015
The music to this film is timeless!
on 22 March 2016
You will appreciate this soundtrack more if you have seen the movie. A series of haunting melodies and themes abound.
Gabriel Yared's original music for Betty Blue (Subtitled) (DVD) [1986] is one of those few soundtrack albums that can be judged as a stand-alone record. Not a million miles away in overall feel to Eric Serra's Grand Bleu: Version Integrale, but with twilight (rather than water) as its central theme, and with much more variation in style (paradoxically making it sound more cohesive). Amongst the outstanding mood pieces, Yared also manages to knock up everything from jazz to fairground music. And when I say "knock up" I mean that as a compliment really - he's done these tracks as someone who has an ear for the music but who doesn't want you to take the end-result too seriously.

In places this LP kind of puts me in mind of the Durutti Column's classic Circuses and Bread (Remastered), but not even Vini Reilly, as much of an innovator as he is, would, I believe, be brave enough to have attempted something this varied.
on 15 January 2015
All good, nothing bad!
on 31 October 2011
The used CD's arrived. I was surprised to find that they were in almost pristeen condition. Not a single scratch. Very pleased to own this soundtrack which has sentimental value to me and is great for those melancholic times in one's life. Get a copy. Rob.
on 14 February 2009
I love the movie and if I didn't have a sentimental attachment to it, and associate the music with it in my mind, I would probably never listen to this ost by M.Jarre (ost The English Patient). It's just really not that great as music. But if you loved the movie and are a sentimental sap like me, then by all means buy it.

The most beautiful tracks on the cd are all very short. One times in at about 56 seconds! With the exception of 2 or 3 tracks, almost every song is a little over a minute in length. The entire cd is about 40 minutes long. Most soundtracks usually contain complete versions of the songs when only a portion is used on the film. In this case I found that what you hear on the film is what you get on the soundtrack. Some of the tracks sound like samplers, with a fade up then fade down.

The music is un-even, with beautiful numbers seperated by bad ones, but that is a matter of opinion. If you saw the film and heard a song you liked, beware that the soundtrack is not much longer than what you heard on film. I would give this OST 5 stars because of the beautiful music, I gave it 3 because of it's length.
on 17 June 2016