Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£3.71+ £1.26 shipping

on 15 May 2015
Loved this version bought as a replacement for the same song I had on tape bought on cd great sound.
on 9 June 2009
Forget what's been said about Lou Reed turning in his living grave - this is a really uplifting piece of music and I don't really see how anyone with any taste in music could think otherwise.
on 30 July 2010
I really liked this song when it came out when I was little. I am a huge fan of Tammy Wynette and found out (on YouTube) that she was actually in this so I had to get it and was so glad to find the CD being sold on Amazon Marketplace. You even get an extra line from Tammy than in the original if you listen to the female version on here.
I would have liked the video however but this is unfortunately not included on the CD.
on 2 September 2009
I'd told my Canadian Wife about this song before we moved (back) to Plymouth in the UK in 2000.

We had the pleasure of being at a free concert by the BBC, The BBC Orchestra perfoming live on Plymouth Hoe with The Band of The Royal Marines, hosted by a Plymouthian herself, Angela Rippon. Towards the end of the concert, all the BBC concert sites throughout the UK linked up live on a giant TV screen. It was fantastic being able to sing along to this song with National enthusiam. It really was a perfect day!!

And the song raised lots of money for Children in Need. I'm sure Lou Reed heartily approves, Lou sang and appeared on the BBC video, which suggests he supported it!
on 9 July 2012
All good - product in good nick.

Great tune remade by some talented people. I've been looking for this for some time since leaving the UK so it was great to finally get this.
on 11 January 2011
The delivery time ended up being more than two weeks, but luckily it made it just before christmas.
The cd is in brand new condition as has been enjoyed numerous times.
on 11 July 2011
Excellent disc for a worthy cause,my original tape wore out from constant usage,great song and very evocative,brings back so many memories each time I hear it.
on 1 May 2014
came through quickly. I could not get this version anywhere on I-tunes and we really wanted it as the last dance at our wedding.
so glad it was on Amazon
on 14 November 2010
Recently heard the children in need single from a few years ago, found it on Amazon and now play it to make me smile.
on 23 January 2017
Bought this for my wife who loves this song. There is also an all male version and an all female version immediately after the original mixed version. Super song. Lou Reed was brilliant. Saw him in one of his last concerts. An enigma.