Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 October 2013
If you love the feel of funk and 1970's cool then you need to grab a copy of this one. It's great how the movie clips of sound are weaved in and out of the soundtrack so it flows seemlessly from one track to another. David Holmes is a master at creating the sound of soul and funk and he deserves a knighthood for his contribution to movie music. If I made a funky cool movie I would for sure gt that guy to add the funk soul ingredients to my imagery.

If you don't know David Holmes yet then you might purchase the great album 'Let's Get Killed' to get a feel for his more edgy dark and funky sounds.
on 26 January 2017
Luved this collection of 60s tracks and mixes which sprang me swiftly back to the swinging age of Cool.
I was into it loads and its never off my 8-track player with 78 rpm plastic disc.machine. And get this: it's electric too !
on 24 February 2017
Good tunes but not many of them on the album and too much film filler. For me, a bit of a waste of money but I like David Holmes so I was intrigued to hear it. now that I have i am not so impressed with this.
on 8 February 2002
Those who loved the film will undoubtedly love this. Every track in the picture features in full length partnered, as with the 11's ost, with sprinklings of movie audio. Tracks vary from Isley Brother's classics to refreshing contempory re workings of the stated tracks (a particular highlight is Rip Rip Rip a baseline working of fight the power pt.2). The key downfall refraing my review from 5 stardom are the "sprinklings" of audio. What starts as a loving flashback to the film soon becomes a nusance and can interfere with the otherwise listening bliss. My advice; buy it, the enjoyment factor easily exceeds any niggles.
on 17 February 2017
Great Music, Love it
on 21 September 2014
All is ok. The product and shipping
on 6 March 2010
Even though I bought this used, it was impossible to know because the quality of the product/ packaging was pristine. Thank you very much.