Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 April 2017
not as many of the popular tunes I wanted but otherwise it was great value for money and the service was very good
on 27 August 2009
James Galway and Phil Coulter have created what I can only describe as a masterpeice. This has got to be one of my favourite albums. It takes you through a musical journey, not only accross the ocean from Ireland to America but accross every single human emotion. From aching heart to foot tapping 'wanna get up and dance'. I can't imagine anyone listening to this without being moved. In order to get the full impact, the listener really needs to read the synopsis. If I could give it more stars I would.
on 29 January 2011
Heard "Home away from Home" on Classic FM and it haunted me (in the lovliest way). I just had to have it. It came today and my wife and I have been alternately smiling and tearful as we listened to it. Anyone who doesn't have tears streaming down their face whilst listening to "Home away from Home" can't be human. It's a gorgeous mix of gentle piano and haunting flute....magic. The whole CD does what it sets out to. It transports you into the early 19th Century when immigrants from Northern Ireland made their brave and terrifying journey to new lives in America. Wonderful. Achingly wonderful music.
on 2 April 2007
This CD is absolutely brilliant. I originally bought it because I heard the track 'Home Away From Home' on Classic FM and wanted to come down the aisle to it, but I quickly fell in love with the whole CD, and so did my fiance. The last four tracks are my favourites but as the tracks tell their tale, they are alternately sad, thoughtful, lively and uplifting. It has some fantastic music on it - if you love Irish music and particularly the flute, viola and piano, this is the CD for you. I have since bought this CD for my mum, who also loves it, and have bought the sheet music so some friends can play it in piano and flute duet at our wedding.
on 23 February 2012
This is a beautifull CD, I purchased it because I heard Home Away From Home on the radio,and felt that I must have that recording.I was in for a surprise as the rest of the album is just delightful.Music playing and writing at its very very best
on 25 November 2010
What a beautiful disc this is! I'm just listening to it for the first time and I'm bowled over.
I came to it through hearing Track 14, 'Appalachian Round-up' played at a concert given by a choir I sing in. 'Appalachian Round-up' was a duet performed by two of our basses on flute and piano, everybody's foot was tapping. It has become my new 'cheer-up' music.This CD covers so many emotions. I have already sent two as gifts. Lovely music!
Vivienne Rendall
on 8 March 2011
This is just so beautiful. I love the music of both Phil Coulter and James Galway and am so glad I bought this.
on 22 February 2011
What a fantastic CD pairing up two great musical greats, superb listening, relaxing and as always express service from Amazon, well done you.
on 21 February 2013
I had previously owned a copy of this music which I think is wonderful I am delighted to have been able to add it to my collection again.

Thanks you
on 18 September 2010
I enjoy listening to Winters Crossing and find it very relaxing when doing my hobby, which is card making. I bought it originally for a relative but liked it too much to part with it.