Customer reviews

on 15 September 2013
An older album of the Levellers and still rings true with some of the Words and points they bring across.
I quite like this album though would recommend seeing them live or listening (aswell) to some of their other albums i.e Zeitgeist, Levelling the Land or Static on the Airwaves their latest masterpiece! :)
on 8 May 2016
Relive the 90s, you can smell the petuli oil, and diesel from the trucks, never tired of hearing it, go outside light a fire, get some cans and dance,but maybe not as fast and frezied as you would of in your teens :)
Always puts a smile on my face and a tap in me feet.
on 16 May 2017
Replacement for worn out copy of a great album. Very happy with my purchase.
on 31 December 2012
Love this album, but again I know I'm biased and wouldn't say anything bad about The Levellers, so people will have to make their own minds up
on 4 March 2014
An excellent album! Not their best though..but still very good! These guys are at their best live. So if you like them get the cd Headlights white lines..black tar rivers..in my humble opinion a superb live album!
on 21 June 2016
Great
on 6 September 2014
excellent seller , recommended
on 10 August 2008
This one takes me back; remember listening to my old cassette version of this while working a night shift. I lent it to someone & never got it back; hope they're still enjoying it. Now hearing it again on CD & it stands up well. A fusion of personal & political, folk, pop & punk, with the fiddle playing the role you'd expect the guitar to take on. All tracks are outstanding, but I'd pick "England, My Home" as the one that sticks in my memory most - 'You gave me my birth/then you made me pay'. Says more to me about this green & pleasant land than any football ground anthem.

Along with the next LP, "Levelling the Land", still my favourite Levellers record. Recommended unreservedly.
on 16 May 2014
Still waiting! This is not the first time this company has let us down so we won't be buying from them again.
Also had no response to the e-mail we sent.
There's no excuse for rudeness!!!!!
on 22 October 2008
If you are a levellers fan you should already have this album as do I. In fact, mine has actually worn out so I purchased this updated version. What you get is the original album and the 3 b-sides off (I think) the "Together All The Way" 12inch EP.

So, a word to the wise, if you don't have the vinyl EP or only have the extras on bootlegs, buy this album again, the songs are easily worth a couple of quid each.

For new comers to the Levellers, you could do alot worse than start with this record. The music ranges from almost straight forward punk, albeit with a fiddle, through one man/one guitar rants to dreamy folk melodies. The lyrics are simple (NOT simplistic!) straight-to-the-point narratives on modern life that are never lazy.

I first saw the Levs in 1990 and bought the album the morning after, from that day on these songs have stayed with me and now entertain my 2 year old daughter. Nearly 20 years on and this record still crackles with energy and has lost none of its relavance.

Go on, treat yourself.