Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 November 2001
For some unknown reason, this album was repackaged two years after it's initial release and entitled "Jive Bunny's Spectacular Christmas Party". Why, is anyone's guess, but please check the track listings if you intend to buy both albums so as not to make the same mistake I did.
As for this CD, well, imagine all the top Christmas records from the past thirty years or so and you probably have a good idea of the track line-up. Every big Christmas hit from Slade to Elvis, Wizzard to Wham!, Bing Crosby to Shakin' Stevens and Elton John to Mike Oldfield appear (mostly in 'sound-a-like' form it has to be said).
It isn't just a selection of 70s and 80s pop though. Jive Bunny also seem to mastermix highlights from the legendary "Phil Spector's A Christmas Present To You" album that DOES feature ALL the original artists. Plus there's a fun 'doo-wop' Christmas mix and a lovely mixture of Christmas Carols and ballads that really makes this a CD that'll cater for most musical tastes. However, what you won't find is the only Jive Bunny Christmas single "Lets Party" which has yet to appear on any album mores the pity.
"Jive Bunny's Christmas Party" deserves a higher rating than "Spectacular Christmas" only because it's an original album.
Jon.
on 4 December 2015
Bought this for my friends for Christmas and as when they listened to my copy of this cd thought thet there were some good tracks on it would recommend to anyone who likes a bit of party music at Christmas
on 6 November 2011
This album is a traditional must in our family! I've had it since as long as I can remember and it has all the top, traditional Christmas songs on it that bring me back to my childhood. I don't think this CD can be replaced. Makes me so happy to listen to it!
on 16 December 2010
This is a staple item in our house every xmas and I have recently re-purchsed after my parents "accidentally" took my original copy home. This is an album of all the best classic xmas songs and doesn't have all those random songs that just happened to be released around xmas time (i.e. east 17's stay etc) that alot of the other albums have. Xmas isn't xmas without this playing as we open our presents!!!
on 24 December 2010
i had this album on tape version when it first came out and had been searching for it on CD! it is a fun mix of christmas songs all mixed in together and great for parties and when putting up the christmas tree :-)
on 27 December 2013
Made up wiv the cd. I gave 4 stars cozI ordered on the 11 and only recieved it on the 24th. I know it said brtween 13th and 24th but I didnt thimk it would be so long wiv it only being a cd but like I say excellent cd. Thanks
on 29 November 2014
the songs are good, although some are "muzak" cover versions and inferior to the originals.
i liked that each song blends into the next - good for party background music
on 11 December 2014
A great Christmas cd to get everyone into the Christmas & party mood featuring all the well know Christmas songs
Enjoy singing along to the tunes. Merry Christmas Everybody!!
on 21 April 2016
Blast from the past. Bought as a bit of a joke for one of my daughters. She did find it amusing and it was fun hearing the songs.
on 30 January 2014
Very lively cd, great for a party. There is so much on it, you could never tire of listening to it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse