on 12 January 2018
EMI's very successful 20 golden greats format,continue on this very good collection of The Hollies hits.
The CD starts and ends with epics/classics The air that I breathe and He ain't heavy,he's my brother -respectively.
The 18 tracks in between aren't bad either:
Infectious guitar driven pop songs;stay,Bus stop,look through Any window etc.although I feel a few tracks hit on a set conveer belt pop format too much.
That said,the guitar playing from underrated guitarist Tony Hicks shine throughout.
On a carasell is a gem.Carrie Anne is my personal favourite Hollies song,this is included on this collection.
This is a succinct and well represented collection of 20 of The Hollies finest recordings,if not entirely flawless.well recommended all the same.
on 3 February 2015
I'm not a complete fan, but they have been a very successful, and versatile group. I bought a copy of the CD, which is misplaced by me. This is the mp3, and sounds the same. My mind is taken back to the 80's, and EMI cassettes by them! Well worth it for lovers of popular music, I'd say!
on 4 December 2017
My find of the year. Thank heavens you can't overplay a digital download. At least three plays a week since i got it,
on 27 March 2017
A classic for a present. Great tracks that I also love which is essential when I have to listen to it as well!
on 18 December 2017
Bought as a replacement - doesn't disappoint!
on 16 June 2017
what can I say nostalgia at its best
on 21 July 2017
Always did love The Hollies :)
on 27 August 2017
Many great hits on this CD
on 10 February 2017
My memories of a child hearing this brings it all back.talented band .
on 14 June 2016
Some of the best songs of the sixties. As a singles band The Hollies were supreme in the 60s.