Customer reviews

Hipsway
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 November 2011
This has to be one of the best albums of the 80's. I almost wore the cassette out, in fact it is that good I also bought the CD.

Even 25 years on I listen to this album on my iPod regularly. Its an album where I listen to all the songs because they are all classics.

Its a must fro every music lovers collection
on 6 March 2013
One of the best albums ever made. Takes me back to less hectic times but also stands the test of time.
on 4 February 2009
The songs aren't always there, especially on side two, but the combined forces of production geniuses Paul Staveley O'Duffy and Gary Langan as well as the supertight playing and Grahame Skinner's deep baritone voice elevate this well above any eighties mediocrity. Better and hipper than Love and Money.
on 15 February 2015
Have been meaning to buy this for absolute years and years. They were huge in Glasgow where l grew up and I've loved them since the fabulous 80's. This has brought back so many lovely and emotive memories. Awesome. 😃
on 16 June 2005
skinners voice sounded the scene a sound encluding blue nile ,texas, goodbye mr mackenzie,deacon blue,love and money,hipsway gelled a sound from scotland that was overlooked but had influences from across the atlantic pond and made me take in much more on my headphones even today scratch the surface the follow up to hipsway is a favourite,surely an overlooked classic collectors piece renamed the best of hipsway , goodness the 80s scotland at its best
on 9 June 2013
This is a fantastic CD. Used to listen to this in the 90's and it brought back lots of nice memories. Good to drive to!
on 8 April 2014
I remember getting this on cassette as it came out in the 80's and since then I have purchased it quite a few times but I hadn't had a listen to it at all for about 10 years. Coming back to it you realize what a truly superb album it is, there isn't a single "filler" song on it! I have completely lost count of the hundreds of albums I have listened to and the majority of them to one extent or another have fillers. Some albums I have bought before only have a couple of great songs, this one is perfect.

Another reviewer has quite rightly pointed out that it has aged well, and they're not wrong it hasn't aged much at all, With the amount of turgid drivel about these days I doubt very much that you can revisit an album of 2014 28 years later and it sound as good as this one does.

Highlights for me are "Tinder", "Upon a thread" and my favourite "Set this day apart."

Massively under-rated group and album, this is sheer magic from the 1980's, buy it!
on 12 June 2007
I owned this many years ago on tape. Some how it got lost and I forgot all about it. I spotted it on Amazon and purchased it. I'm glad I did. This is a great CD by one of Scotland's many bands that never quite made it (i.e. Goodbye Mr. McKenzie, The Silencers, Love & Money). The Honeythief is a great opener with not a single track spoiling the listening pleasure. Brilliant vocals and razor sharp bass. If you like the 80's buy this.
on 14 May 2013
excellent cd in very good condition not the first time ive bought from this site well recommened will use again
on 13 September 2003
Perhaps one of the best Glasgow band to never quite make it - along with The Big Dish. This album is timeless. Those of you who remember the Tennents Lager ad with the stone ball rolling through the tunnel will remember the track Tinder.
No beating about here - just buy it OK.