• Debut

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 December 2007
A fascinating album which stamped Bjork's unique character, compositional, lyrical, and melodic sense all over it. The songs work very well as an entire album, with downtempo and faster numbers belnding in seemlessly. It has atmosphere in vast amounts and sounds as fresh and intruiging today as it did when first released. Bjork is a true original and this album is an absolute gem.
on 21 January 2013
Thought I would find out what all is Bjork thing was about. I suppose it is quite original and vocally genuine sounding, though a bit over produced with a fair bit of techo sounds mixed in. Kind of weird eclectic dance club music, some of it. So you get nothing warm, emotionally engaging, or melodic, though it does sound like you get something reasonably genuine, from a vocal and writing point of view.Does nothing for me though. Actually, a lot of the writing looks like poetry,then put to music. Weirdish, personal poetry, that is. Should have known better and never bought it, but I guess the charity shop can make a quid or two on it.
on 5 January 2008
I found this album to be very pleasant, although I didnt favour all the songs on it. Violently Happy, Crying, Human Behaviour, Venus as a Boy and Big Time Sensuality are great tracks indeed. I advise you to buy this album.
on 3 July 2010
I first had this album many moons ago when it was first released onto audio cassette. It sounds just as good today with a mix of strange vocal styles , icelandic folk music and heart felt ballards brilliant !!!
on 3 February 2001
Haunting, intelligent songs from Iceland's hottest export since cod. Highly recommended.
on 9 June 2016
A purchase to add to my personal collection of "back catalogue" albums, I like most of the songs but do find that smaller doses of Bjork's voice are easier on the ear.
on 23 May 2015
Ho hum, getting old because I remember how much I loved this at the time. I'm translating this in to my new fangled digital library, and I STILL love it.
on 27 December 2013
I bought this as a secret Santa present for my colleague and the impression I was given was one it was clever and the other good buy.
on 27 January 2014
It's not often you hear such a fully formed album debut, but this must be up there will the best I know. what a voice and talent.
on 27 November 2015
Bjork merging from Sugarcubes to her solo career, and this is a great introduction to what her music was to become