Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 May 2011
I love this album, it came very soon after ordering, in excellent condition, and brought back a lot of memories when I listened to it again. I had forgotten some of the songs and how much I used to like them.

Although the songs on this album are quite dated, the music isn't.. it still sounds current, a factor which is true about many of Sting's songs. 10 out of 10.
on 27 July 2016
when i heard this i fell i love with it rite away, its a sad song due 2 his parents dying and there is others on there as well, this is the best i have heard from sting and fields of gold brings tears 2 my eyes as i get very emonal about songs like this, well done sting.
on 12 March 2014
got this second hand and it is a very enjoyable listen all stings singles are here and some other tracks that i had not heard before if your a die hard sting fan there is not much i can say if your a casual sting listener like me its well worth the money.
on 3 January 2004
This has to be one of the undisputed Greatest Hits Albums of all time. This album has the power to wreak havoc on the emotions from breaking everyone down in a flurry of saddness with "Fields of Gold " then building them up "If you Love Somebody Set them Free".
One of the main reasons that i bought this album was however for sentimental value. Not because i know Sting, but because my father had this album a while ago and we have since stopped talking, but this album reminds me of the better times that we had shared. Perhaps he overplayed it too much, but maybe thats why its stuck in my mind and is perhaps one of my most treasured albums!
on 16 January 2012
The prime reason for buying this album was the inclusion of two songs: "It's probably me" and "Moon over Bourbon street" There are others including "Fragile", but the previous named two on the same album was what I wanted.
on 26 October 2013
I have had Fields of Gold for many years on a tape cassette and wanted it on disc for longevity but found it very difficult to purchase. The music is great and brings back lots of memories!
on 4 November 2015
A pretty comprehensive collection of Sting's work. A few more tracks from "Ten Summoner's Tales" would have been nice though. "Shape of My Heart" in particular.
on 5 July 2014
I had forgotten how much I loved this album.
Heard a song on the radio, planned to buy one of them but bought two.
You have got to love Sting, beautiful music.
on 27 September 2009
This CD is great. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Sting. The sound quality is excellent. The track selection includes all of my favourites from the decade.
on 7 August 2015
Excellent Album,shame about the awful delivery service by Hermes, ordered with other items and just thrown over the gate into the garden! Lucky it was not stolen!