on 8 April 2015
Every night I soak in my bath and listen to this for an hour, nothing quite like it, Frank Sinatra singing to the words of the late wonderful Rod McKuen. What can you say about Sinatra that has not already been said, even when he talks through Rod McKuen's words he is just great. When it comes to Rod McKuen so prolific throughout his life, the music and in particular the words are the best yet, you are really listening to everything come from Rod McKuen's heart. Sinatra asked Rod to write this album for him and I do not recall Sinatra asking any other individual to write an entire album for him. Lay back in the bath, candles on and dream, as I do, just perfect.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 February 2016
I bought the cassette tape of this album many years ago after hearing one track played on a late night radio programme. I scoured London (no internet then or Amazon). I think I had to order it from a record store. No one had ever heard of it nor since! But it is an all time favourite - different but very Sinatra.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 November 2017
Not vintage Frank but still enjoyable. The star track for me is the almost autobiographical ‘Love’s Been Good To Me’
One person found this helpful
on 12 January 2015
An album of which I was completely unaware until recently (it dates from 1969). 'Love's Been Good To Me' was the only track I already knew, and the rest are not typical Sinatra; it even features him reciting over a musical backing, rather than singing. A collaboration with Rod McKuen that is very much of its time, but, to me anyway, intriguing.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 July 2008
Bought this album because of Rod McKuen and what a find, only have one other Sinatra album " Watertown" and didnt think that anything could outshine it. I was wrong what a recording, it is so full of emotion and if you have ever been out of love you will understand every word that is sung and spoken.

My one quibble is that it is only just over 33 minutes long but what 33 minutes. Must be nearly at the top of my collection.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2016
Not Franks usual fair this and yet it is compulsive listening. Give yourself a treat and buy this. You wont be disappointed.
on 20 May 2015
A very mellow and reflective cd from the late 60's. Worth having for the song "Love's been good to me" which in my opinion is one of the unknown classics that Sinatra released.
One person found this helpful
on 14 September 2016
Great songs great vocals
on 27 April 2014
Had this on a record and was delighted to be able to buy it on CD. Good price and free download as an mp3 to my iPad as well. Thank you Amazon
|11 Comment|Report abuse