Customer reviews

TEN (+ 3 Bonus Tracks)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 December 2010
This is one of the finest rock albums ever recorded. I loved "early" Pearl Jam and this is the reason why. The next few years follow up albums to this were good, but couldnt come close to the almost perfect combination of classics on Ten. This rates in my top ten best albums of all time. There are so many fantastic songs on this CD....Black is perfection and the lyrics devastating in their complete master of the raw emotion of love come undone. Buy it, enjoy it, treasure it and rejoice in the fact that you were alive when this great band created an all time classic.
on 16 February 2000
The listener could be forgiven for thinking that this is basically one song in chunks because of the similar, continuous style. But what a song! The guitar of Gossard and Mccready is tonally gorgeous, and Eddie Vedder has one of the best rock voices ever, laden with SERIOUS emotion. Alive is one of the great grunge anthems, but there are no weak tracks here. Essential purchase for 90's rock fans.
on 11 August 2000
This is an incredible album. It's a classic, most definately. The songs are just so catchy and boy can Eddie SING! Many people say it's over produced, but I don't think this is too much of a problem. This album gets me through the hard times in life, like when I find out my girlfriend has had a holiday romance: I just put this record on and I feel a whole lot better. Really! Try it for yourself.
on 21 June 2013
My musical taste varies....a bit....Foos, Everclear, REM, RATM, Korn, etc. You can see where this is going

I bought this and Ten as I'd never listened to Pearl Jam
Wow, I've been missing out
What a band. Great vocals, fantastic riffs make this a band I should have listened to a long time ago

Now got a lot of catching up
Same review on Vs
on 26 December 1999
The very first time I listened to this album I was left mesmerized by the power and emotion of the music. Even now (years later) I listen to the timeless recording when I'm feeling down or need to think about life. The passion that comes over in every song is unmistakable. Simply put a musical masterpiece that will leave you hooked.
on 5 September 2014
very good
on 20 November 2000
Pearl Jam are definately one of the best bands to date ( my favourite anyway) and ten, their first album is undoubtately their best. Ten is a rare album in that it can be listened to from start to finish thousands of times without getting boring. the intelligence of the music is outstanding and the lyrics are meaningful and emotional this is a must for any fan of the grunge genre.
on 30 April 2000
This is divine rock in the mold of Hendrix, this c.d will have you listening again and again. This is the first and only pearl jam c.d I have heard but am already wanting to buy more, this band is surely one of the best in the nineties and certainly can tie neck and neck with Nirvana if not beat them.
on 28 January 2017
John Peel refused to play them, and they were very popular with some of the jocks I knew at college but they left me cold.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2009
Had this way back when, (yeah when i was younger)seen it advertised and thought i'd get it and wow, the songs are brilliant the sound is great, both albums are great in their own right, one is remixed the other is remastered and made the way they originally wanted it, to sum it all up - Buy it!