Customer reviews

on 16 August 2017
I purchased Gorecki's symphony No3, which I really enjoyed, so thought I would try the Miserere also. It is a beautiful piece, but not as haunting as No3. I purchased a used copy, so saved a fair bit on the price, so have no complaints.
on 19 June 2016
Classic Gorecki. This is real cold war protest music from the 1980's, peaceful protest against tyranny.
on 15 August 2013
An amazing album. Such moving music. I brought tears to my eyes. I cannot recommend his piece of music enough.
on 25 January 2017
very good
on 2 November 2016
So moving and emotive
on 25 January 2011
Having visited Auschwitz some eight years ago, I was able to return to that place in my inner mind when I played his special symphony. Gorecki's music is authentic in that, as I understand it, he sat outside the camp on the ground letting the 'soil' run through his hands. And he remarked on the stillness and what everyone notices - the dearth of small birds. It is inevitable that this CD has echoes of this work and is both startling and contemplative. His music is appropriate for a very sacred space. That place where we all meditate. And, his music is deeply, emotional.
on 13 May 2015
Wonderful cd excellent value and quality.
on 14 December 2014
Good recording , clear and v.Gorecki
on 26 March 2015
Brilliant. Received promptly and in good condition.
Thanks
on 15 September 2013
I have suddenly 'found' Gorecki. amazing music. I have two other CDs which are as good as this one. Looking for more