Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 23 September 2011
I LOVE everything about this Album!

I hadn't purchased an Album by Jose Carreras for more than twenty years - I then stumbled upon this!

I'm not ashamed to say that although I always thought Jose a very attractive man, it was the eye-catching warm red glow effect and artwork of this release that first drew me to it, and then reading that most of the Songs were sung in English - which makes a refreshing change in this genre - I just had to have it! The image of Jose is hypnotizingly and intoxicatingly erotic - the 'five o'clock shadow' is very, very appealing...

I've read quite a few critical and negative Reviews on several other Sites about this Album - but I'm not sure why people don't like this release... It may well be that some people are a bit 'snobbish', and don't like to hear old favourite classical Pieces and operatic voices singing in English. It has to be said of course that it can sound rather 'clumsy' at times - but that's not the Singer's fault - but the English language!

Thirteen gorgeous Tracks here, and I suggest you listen in a dim-lit room and gaze into the handsome face and hypnotic eyes of Jose in this gorgeous CD artwork (with perhaps a glass of Wine as another Reviewer has suggested) and you'll simply be carried away into a perfect dreamland...

This Album is suitable for all - but the wrapping and the content should have the ladies swooning in the millions...
on 21 September 2005
This is a suberb album for those wishing to introduce themselves to the world of classical music and opera.
The soothing, melow, tenor voice of Carreras glides over contemporary lyrics sung to familiar classical pieces.
Not for the purist, but as a light relaxing work that may broaden the listeners interest in the classical music and operatic genre's, then it's hard to beat.
Pour a glass, sit back and enjoy.
on 10 December 2014