Customer reviews

Due South
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 June 2017
Love the show - a shame the majority of neurotypicals could never see its worth. Love the theme tune - instrumental and song. Love Ride Forever. Love the incidental music tracks. But the rest.... I'm not so sure! Maybe, with time, they'll grow on me.
on 13 October 2017
I PURCHASED THIS USED FOR 99 P PLUS POSTAGE! GREAT VALUE, V GOOD CONDITION AND THE MUSIC ADDS TO MY ENJOYMENT OF THE RECENT TV REPEATS OF DUE SOUTH
on 6 March 2004
I love Due South. I think it's great - quirky, good fun. And the series features a great range of music, so I thought it a good idea to buy the soundtrack. So what have we got? The music on here is from both Series 1 and 2, and is excellent - without a dout. I love the original score Cabin Music, as well as the hauntingly beautiful song Possession. Yet at the same time... there's a lot missing. There is more of Series 1 on the CD, than Series 2, and the second Due South soundtrack is solely Series 3. And I just don't think they chose wisely. As I said, the music is excellent, but at the same time... In my opinion, they didn't need the Fraser/Inuit soliloquy for one - it's a great piece of speech, but out of place on a music CD. They needn't have bothered using the Due South Theme a second time, and some tracks really needn't have a place on the CD. Eia Mater (a bit odd) and American Women (a commen track on most compilations) spring to mind. Other choices are simply a bit strange, like Akua Tuta, when some great, significant pieces have been missed altogether: From A Million Miles, from the Pilot, when Fraser first arrives in Chicago. Full Circle, from Juliet Is Bleeding (S2), at Gardino's funeral. Plenty, from Letting Go (S2). Fear, from A Cop A Mountie and A Baby (S1. And it would have been nice to have one or two more original scores. I'm not damning the CD - it's a real gem. Bone Of Conetention and Henry Martin are two other tracks that particuarlly stand out, along with Paul Gross' All The Queen's Horses track, Ride Forever. I just feel that it should have been evened out more, and some other things put on it.
on 14 December 1999
Such an original series requires an original album and the Due South soundtrack certainly delivers that and more! From the sounds of Inuit Canada to the neon nightlife of inner-city Chicago, this soundtrack captures the spirit of this pioneering series. A tongue-in-cheek track from Paul Gross proves that he's more than just an actor. Go buy it! Now!!
on 25 October 2000
I saw the series in the UK (I'm from Asturias, Spain)and I just loved the music, after a few months I had to have it, the guitars are so enchanting, like a spell. I liked two thirds of the CD. The songs remind me of open spaces, having to do things, adversity, being alone but not lonely, taking chalenges and working throught them till completion. I consider it as one of the jewel's of my CD collection.
on 20 March 2006
Lots of variety, with well-known songs from the series, and some more obscure ones (eg the interplanetary craft one - watch hard to find that one!) It's all really good and easy to listen to. Can't decide whether to get the second one as well - I don't want to be disappointed with such high expectations!
on 9 June 2007
I have been a long time Due South fan, and the soundtrack is what you should expect from a soundtrack. there are no pointless songs only what was in the series. Out of the hundreds of CD's that i own this is my favourite and well worth the money! A must for any fan!
on 21 February 2015
Really love Due South and bought this because of the theme song, which was always spoiled by talking over the credits. Unsurprisingly a wide variety of music, but not complaining because after all, it is a soundtrack album. All the Jay Semko tracks are excellent, as are those you would associate more closely with the series such as Flying, Ride Forever, Akua Tuta. As for one or two I don't like, I just skip through!
on 17 November 2014
Prompt Delivery. Good quality. Love the extra material - including interviews done in England and Canada and 'How it was done stuff' Thank you kindly.
on 27 March 2014
An eclectic mix of music that reminds you of what a great series this was. Paul Gross gets a track on there also. Buy it if you loved the series.