Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 May 2017
A great DVD if you like Riverdance music. It is full of variety and the wonderful Irish sounds and movements.
on 17 December 2013
I have not received the Riverdance CD I ordered!. The one I viewed online and ordered has "Riverdance" in white writing. I am after a specific track - the one I received had "Riverdance" in black writing and does not have the track I am after. So hugely disappointed and not happy that I will have to pay to return it! Trade Descriptions!!!
on 2 April 2017
A classic.
on 15 August 2014
Brilliant
on 6 November 2005
Riverdance, is one of the greatest CDs I am proud to have. There is something for everyone on it. It's beats and melodies are amazing. The title theme which doesn;t appear until track 8 is breathtaking with the haunting voice before the rythmic furore of the show's climax.
Bill Whelan has surpassed himself the use of Irish traditional music and other styles including Spanish gives the album such definition it represents the best of Ireland, and best of the music establishment.
Pure Genius!
on 18 August 2004
[One CD, with a running time of 73:06 minutes.] This CD is the soundtrack of the fabulous show, Riverdance, which alone makes it a must-have. But even outside of that, the music is superb, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys listening to Irish music. The paperwork included with the CD has a list of the tunes, along with the credits, as well as the words to all of the songs (including the one in Gaelic!).
I really enjoyed this CD and highly recommend it!
on 13 October 2000
The show redefined Irish dance - gone were the straight backed, prim and proper styles which came into force with the prudish 20th century. This was dancing filled with passion, a celebration of life. The album, too, captures this feeling exquisitely. Let it play, and you'll physically feel your heart thumping and the hairs standing on the back of your neck. It is vibrant and radiating, a testament to the culture which gave birth to this music in its truest form. If you've seen the show, you'll know what I'm talking about and won't be able to resist this album. If you haven't, do yourself a favour and buy this album NOW. It's not quite the same as seeing the show live, but it's an excellent start.
on 16 December 2012
I'm loving this cd - the music is evocative and exciting in turns. The tap sounds are included in this (they weren't in my old cassette version) which I like. If you've seen the stage production it will take you straight back and even if you haven't you will find it moody and evocative.
on 18 July 2010
I saw the Riverdance show in 1997 and had not listened to the music since. I am really enjoying the CD, although I skip over the really slow (almost dreary) tracks. Reel Around the Sun is by far the best, and it's great to have the sound of the taps on the big troupe tracks.
on 17 March 2004
Bill Wheelan's music is always lovely. The Riverdance soundtrack is particularly nice, though I was a little dissapointed that the poetry from the show was not on the soundtrack. If you like gentle music with an Irish flavour that can inspire and evoke emotion, this is definately the CD for you.