Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 July 2012
Oakenfolds mixing is nothing short of brutal. Over the years he has survived via his name and what he did in terms of bringing house to our shores. This mix survives as some of the tunes are classics (Yothu Yindi and State of Grace or Grace for those who got into house after the millenium). That being said his mixing is better here than it has been for the last 10+ years (still pretty bad though). He became too bigtime and clearly lost interest in what he was doing and just hammered out perfecto banger after banger with no though for set structure/sequencing. If you want a lesson is analogue mixing try the mix before this one in the JDJ series (Digweed) as it is a masterclass. It was nice to hear this mix again but I doubt whether I will ever revisit it again.
on 15 February 2014
Last Wednesday morning I was going round the charity shops to fill the time before the bookies open. Even though he is a gay, I still respect my son Colin and I know that he likes Oakenfold – despite his fiancé Kevin hating the man he calls “Mr trance trousers” .

I was on the lookout for some Andy Williams because he is popular with our voluptuous neighbour Marjorie. The dear wife is not a woman of such exquisite taste. She prefers that so-called New Age music that she picks up from that long haired layabout Alex who runs the Mind Body and Spirit bookshop up in the village. The sound of whales mating and dolphins singing. That sort of thing.

So I was in the hospice shop and I came across a box of Oakenfold CDs. I asked the twinset duchess (I bet she doesn’t wear tights) behind the counter and she sad “The big ones are 50p and the small ones are 20p”. This woman is still living in the vinyl ages. So I offered her a quid for the lot. She obliged and I put an extra 20p in her box.

I called Colin on his mobile but to my dismay, when I detailed the titles, he regretfully informed me that he had all of the 36 discs that I had purchased except this one. He reminded me that, “the charity shops are full of Oakenfold CDs. I am the only person over 13 who likes him” However he told me this CD is quite rare because it did not sell well on initial release.

So I looked it up on the internet before putting it in a jiffy bag to Colin’s flat. It is not worth much. But Colin likes it.

Later, rooting through my magazine collection in the shed, I came across a pile of Andy Williams CDs. So I went round Marjorie’s and gave her one.
on 12 September 2015

–Spooky Little Bullet 6:11
–The Shamen Possible Worlds 3:18
–Hallucinogen LSD 5:43
on 5 July 2010
For the newer Oakey fans this is a must to see what he was like a few years back, in my opinion a better DJ back then.
on 28 February 2011
oh the heydays of house are here again, i had an original copy of the cd when first released, god only knows where it ended up, so replaced it with new copy and so glad i did, mixing and tune choice just different class, and as my title says timeless classic
on 28 December 2015
Can't believe I got this at the price I did the best in the collection
on 2 July 2014
Old classic that I used to have yobs ago