Customer reviews

Saint-Saëns: Piano Concertos
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 October 2014
If anyone had asked me what I knew of Saint-Saens I wound have said his Carnival of Animals. But I would have been wrong - all I actually knew was the Swan from his Carnival of Animals.

When I noticed his Piano Concertos on the Hyperion series of Romantic Piano Concertos I was intrigued. I started looking other recordings at a price I could more afford and found this double CD with great reviews and purchased as soon as I could.

I haven't stopped playing these wonderful CD's since I received them and what a joy they are to listen to. I would recommend these to anyone.

Please note; I bought this second hand, for a song, from a reputable dealer through Amazon, which means I can listen to some great music on a limited budget. I've bought about 20 second hand cd's over the past year through Amazon with no problems so far.

on 1 November 2017
The CD arrived well packed and on time. I enjoyed the musical content and have played the disc several times with great pleasure.
on 16 February 2016
I do not know these works at all so cannot comment on the performances but they seem fine. I have been slowly realising that Saint-Saëns is a very underrated composer and I wanted to know more. I have enjoyed the CD and have enjoyed discovering more of Saint-Saëns. I can only hope that others do likewise.
on 14 December 2015
These are just wonderful if you want passion and sound in combination. A superb rendition with flourish and temperament for admittedly inspired Piano music.
on 17 May 2016
What a very enjoyable CD would recommend this to people who enjoy Piano Concertos.
on 16 September 2016
The most beutiful piano concertoes, and it's really worth it.
I wonder why they are not played often nowadays.
Though every single concertoes and every single movements is lovely, I think No. 2 is wonderfully written and played, especially first movement.
on 28 February 2017