on 4 February 2015
I'm not a normally a great fan of Sir Georg Solti, as I find him a bit too frenetic and lacking in finesse. However this recording is a real classic! It positively oozes with joy, from the vibrant and delectable singing, to the fine orchestral playing, to a truly outstanding recording. This now replaces my Philips Digital Classics recording with Sir Neville Marriner, and I see no reason to go back.
on 3 March 2018
excellent
on 20 July 2014
I love this recording of this opera and have long had it on vynyl but wanted it on CD. I was very disappointed when the first disc was faulty and I could not play it. However, Amazon was incredibly prompt and helpful in refunding the price.
on 14 September 2017
a lovely performance of this magnificent music
on 24 March 2014
Every note was as clear as a bell. The cast were the top singers of that time and I am loving every minute of it. Okay, it wasn't cheap, but definitely worth the money.
on 23 November 2014
I have had the LP version of this for the best part of thirty years, but made the mistake of buying an inferior recording on CD; something that I have finally put right. It really is very good.
on 30 November 2016
Excellent recording at a great price. CD was in good order complete with libretto.
Thank you very much.
on 8 March 2016
EXCELLENT
on 7 June 2016
excellent - the best I have heard
on 4 July 2013
Fantastic album really good and so pleased with it that I could go on and on with this stupid review