Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 February 2004
It feels a bit sacrilegious to write a little review about Mozart's music. First of all, I am not one of those music buffs who buy a dozen or so recordings of the same piece and then decide which version I prefer and which I can't stand. I chose this partly because it has the Andante in C,K.315-scarcely six minutes long, yet exquisite, one might say transcendant-and partly because it had a good variety of other flute music by Mozart(who, apparently, did not much care for the instrument !).
The Andante does not disappoint;the flute and harp piece, which I'd never heard before, is very lovely, and the Flute Quartet in D doesn't put a foot wrong.
Buying this CD has coincided with my finally purchasing The Mozart Effect by Don Campbell. I have resolved to listen to at least a little Mozart every day-and to enjoy it with my children.
on 17 April 2006
It is hard to praise a CD like this hard enough. Marriner conducts these pieces superbly. As a flautist myself, I regard this performance as musical golddust. The performance is technically exquisite and Neville Marriner conducts very well. This is great value for money and I'd fullt recommend buying it.
on 30 August 2013
Such wonderful playing, and the most sublime pieces. It restores order and harmony to my mind whenever I put it on. My daughter who is 9 and learning the flute, found it most inspiring.
on 30 January 2016
Didn't know Mozarts flute works. I think I like it :) nice edition, great performance and nice sound.
on 19 June 2012
I needed a piece of music for a particular event. I chose this Mozart piece, particularly for the haunting notes of the slow second movement, Andantino.
on 15 July 2014
A lovely album with a lot of delightful music on it for a very good price.Whats not to like.
on 19 January 2016
Love this! A delightful pair of cd's!
on 12 April 2016