Customer reviews

Price:£20.96+ £1.26 shipping

on 28 April 2017
Nice but not great.
VINE VOICEon 28 April 2004
Here we have a mixture of traditional sounds from across South America and Africa that are relaxing yet intriguing sounds with textured percusionwith beautiful singing and acoustic musicianship.
The second track,'Soltarlo' is an amazing acapella track that uses voice to create therhythm of the piece, definately the highlight of the album.
on 24 July 2010
I love, love, love this CD. I have purchased so many of them and given them away since people keep telling me how wonderful it is. It is just perfect when sitting at home on a rainy day drinking a cup of coffee and reading a book, or outside in the garden having some fruit and talking chatting with some friends... you travel with the music and makes the entire aura of the place peaceful. It is ridiculously that type of CD that brings the cheesy comments out of you.
on 4 February 2011
Very happy with my purchase and an added bonus is knowing that by buying it, a portion of the money goes to help children in the coffee growing regions of the world.
on 27 June 2011
I listen to this album nearly everyday I never get tired of the tracks, every track is wonderful. buy it.
on 7 September 2012
I ordered this CD after enjoying other more Latin influence CD,s from Putomayo and was not disappointed. It is very uplifting and relaxing and takes me to a sunny place each time I listen to it. I recommend this if you appreciate discovering new styles and enjoy a Latin influence.
on 13 February 2012
This is one of my best CDs. All the tracks are stunning but if I had to choose one it would be 'Maria Lando' by Susana Baca - a haunting melody. Get it.
on 17 October 2012
Really enjoying listening to this CD. This arrived quickly and is in very good condition. I love the songs and the acoustics very much and will be using this to assist people with profound learning disabilities to help them to communicate and to relax. Thank you very much and I highly recommend 'Music from the Coffee Lands'.
on 30 May 2000
This CD has not been off the 'turntable' since I bought it 3 weeks ago. The music from both continents blends together and yet each retains a distictive flavour, much like comparing a leisurely dark rich coffee blend from Colombia with the milky kick of an "up-and-out" morning cup from Zimbabwe. Put this on, sit back and imagine yourself to be in one of those corny coffee ads!
on 4 January 2015
Not one of the better collections. Vaguely Latin, a bit of salsa, but mouthing to write home about. Works as background music you don't notice.