Customer reviews

You'll Never Walk Alone
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£14.72+ £1.26 shipping

on 7 December 2016
I first proudly bought this record as a teenager with my own saved up pocket money. I couldn't wait for the yellow double-decker bus to get me home - only to be surprised with the songs Elvis was singing! I even had to double check to make sure this was the same Elvis!

That of course was a long time ago and things have obviously changed for me since then. Listening to Elvis sing gospel is a special moment for me every time now. And this album has some very inspirational songs. The original record was first released in 1971 on the then newly launched Camden budget label, making it possible for almost everybody to own an Elvis record. I got my copy around 1977.

The beautiful glossy front cover with Elvis in a stunning jumpsuit and a stage light above him looking like a wondrous star made it even more attractive to buy. It looked like Elvis was reaching out to you! I still have that record in my collection.

So here's what you're getting with this CD:

1. "You'll Never Walk Alone" 1967
6. "I Believe" 1957
7. "It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)" 1957
8. "Sing You Children" (from Easy Come, Easy Go) 1966
9. "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" 1957

Now you may be wondering why I didn't score this CD re-release the full 5 stars. And the reason is that this release inexplicably left out SWING DOWN SWEET CHARIOT, a hand-clapping gospel track previously available on the original record. This omission betrays the whole idea of re-releasing the original record on CD. The original album was short enough with just ten tracks and now it's even shorter with just nine!

Although today you can buy Elvis' complete gospel collection for slightly more than the price shown here, this may still be a nice CD to own - to complete your collection, or even for sentimental reasons.
6 people found this helpful
on 7 June 2014
i played you`ll never walk alone by elvis in my car through bluetooth, i transferred it to my phone from the original vinyl l.p. my brother was in the car and said he didn`t know elvis had covered the song. i saw this c.d. on amazon a couple of days later so i bought it for him. it`s elvis at his gospel best and very easy listening.
8 people found this helpful
on 23 October 2015
Love this album.Bought the original LP in the early seventies.Its worth it for the title track alone but also has some other solid tunes.One of my favourites being Let Us Pray from Elvis's last movie Change Of Habit.
4 people found this helpful
on 24 February 2018
Really pleased with this. Several songs I had not got and an excellent CD for any Elvis fan.
on 2 May 2018
EXCELLENT.
on 13 July 2017
good album good service
on 3 April 2017
Loved all of it.
on 9 January 2013
What can you say about this man. He was and still is the King. I losst the original record many years ago and thanks to Amazon I have now got in on cd.
6 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2016
Great album a must for every fan
on 17 February 2016
What is there to say about 'the king'? Superb cd.