Customer reviews

Gi Blues: Original Soundtrack
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 May 2017
One of the best from Elvis. I had the vinyl LP in the sixties and I was so glad I have found the CD. Lovely songs including "Wooden Heart" which was a great favourit
on 30 March 2017
Had this as a kid but just purchased it as a cd and the sound is fab plus I'd forgot how good the lesser famous tracks were terrific
on 8 March 2005
G I Blues was the first Elvis Presley movie I ever saw. I saw it for the first time when I was 16. I fell in love with it and have lost count of the number of times I have watched it. I fell madly in love with Elvis and the music from it used to give me shivers down my back. I just thought he was so gorgeous. I dragged everyone I knew to see it. I brought my Mum to see it just shortly before she died. She loved Elvis too. She thought he had a beautiful voice. Even my father who was totally anti Elvis was persuaded to come with me. I loved the music in 1960 and I still adore it today. I never get tired of Wooden Heart. I have even downloaded it as the ringtone for my mobile. One of my really favourite movies
on 6 August 2015
Magic, thank you
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 September 2010
Bought this for my brother in law cannot really rate it taht much as I have not listened to it
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 March 2015
As described and prompt delivery A+
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 December 2009
all the hits from one of the best Elvis films . brillant cd ... loved it ..
on 12 August 2006
1960's GI Blues, was the first soundtrack recorded by Elvis after his army service. Booth the film and the soundtrack were huge hits. Elvis voice has became strong and clear during his absence of recording studios and the recordings he made from 1960 to 1964 are the best proof of that. GI blues is a competent soundrack with a few good songs,specially: GI Blues, Pocket full of Raynbows, doing the best i can and shoping around. However its great to listen to Elvis great talent turning average material like frakfurt special, big boots and wooden heart into delighfull tracks. The truth is...Elvis was one of the best singers that ever lived, his talent and passion for music of all types could make the most common song sound great, just listen to the feeling he injects into big boots, or the amazing outtake of shoping around to understand how playfull he could be with a song for pure joy. One thing its true...such a talent deserved better songs than some of the ones we have in this cd, however...we should be happy that he left us sooo many recordigs of his magical voice, because at long as there will be people who love music, Elvis will live forever!
on 23 March 2005
It's easy to dismiss the hugely successful and loved "GI Blues" album, and tar and feather it with the inferior mid 60s film albums. This - along with "Blue Hawaii" - may have set a trend, but set on its own this album is not a disappointment, merely Elvis delving into lightweight pop in the way he delved into Rock'n'Roll, Gospel and Rhythm and Blues. He really could do it all!
Recorded shortly after the great "Elvis Is Back" album, this album was far more direct collection, dealing only with the lighter side of Elvis' repertoire. But Elvis is in fine voice (if slightly restricted), and while the material wasn't up to the "Elvis Is Back" standard, there were still some strong moments.
The folk song "Wooden Heart" is a really nice pop song, "GI Blues" and "Shoppin' Around" are good rock'n'roll songs, while "Doin' The Best I Can" wouldn't have been out of place on "Elvis Is Back", being a real Pomus and Shuman classic.
"Tonight's All Right For Love" and "Tonight is So Right For Love", "What's She Really Like" are all good, meaning the weaker material is certainly in the minority.
Odd that "Blue Suede Shoes" falls into the category of weaker material, but Elvis sleep walks his way through the song, in a similar way he did with many of his hits in the mid 70s.
Of the bonus tracks, the faster version of "Big Boots" is a bit of fun, while it's worth hearing "Shopping Around" and the excellent "Doin' The Best That I Can", even though the phrasing is only slightly differently.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 July 2009
Being a big fan of Elvis, I have most if not all the albums over the years. This is by far the best soundtrack from the most memorable films. Great songs from Rainbow to the title GI Blues. The bonus tracks make a great listen to alternative versions of the songs that are so familiar. A must for any Elvis collection.