Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Creature
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£26.85+ £1.26 shipping

on 23 November 2016
Excellent album, good condition from seller and prompt delivery. I have Silver by Moist already and this is in the same vein, Tangerine a particular favourite.
on 8 February 2004
Moist are another one of those one’s that got away. If you found a random track of theirs I’d say you’ve stumbled on to a goldmine. They had elements of Emo before it was given such a horrid name. Out of all the bands I have heard that tried to mix modern rock with strings and piano (The Verve, Something Corporate… You know the ones) I don’t I can name any that do so with such perfection as Moist.
From the moment this album kicks it fills the room, making such a loud sound it’s surprising nobody heard. The emotions run clear on “Resurrection” with catchy pop tones, ripping blues and jazz roots mixed with a punchy modern rock sound they manage to bring together such a fulfilling and uplifting sound.
The tracks switch between fierce onslaughts (“Tangerine”, “Baby Skin Tattoo”, “Shotgun”) and the slower more developing and touching (“Leave It Alone”, “Disco Days”). Although the album only lasts for 45 minutes it seems longer as you are drawn in buts its sheer power and volume. It seems to race through the emotions tearing away until nothing is left, often overwhelming you as you listen.
I don’t believe there is a track on this album that will disappoint and it is personally my favourite album of all their releases.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 November 2000
Although Moist aren't particularily well known in the UK, I've not yet found a friend from any music group who didnt like their stuff - It's pretty much rock with a little touch of heaviness here and there and a lot of softness as well, a kinda rock 'n roll meets modern rock mixture, and it comes off extremely well. David Usher's vocals never falter and are by no means boring. (remember, this is MY opinion!)
If I had to compare them to a band I'd be rluctant to compare them to Our Lady Peace, but I really dont know many bands that sound similar to this (but then I'm more of a heavy metal person myself, with some rock on the side).
Listen to some real audio files and see what you think - all the songs on this CD are as good as each other :)
6 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2007
moist have done it again. their music is great and there's not one song on any of their albums that you won't like. 'creature' is an amazing album. it changes from fast-moving songs such as 'ophelia', 'tangerine' and 'shotgun' to slower songs such as 'leave it alone' and 'disco days'. there are 12 tracks altogether and are all brilliant. 'creature' will sweep you off your feet. it's well worth buying!
2 people found this helpful