Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 November 2003
This album is superb - from the hard driving "Richard III" to the gorgeous acoustic ballad "Its Not Me", the songwriting is up there with the likes of The Beatles throughout the whole album.
Supergrass grow up on this album because its not punky like 'I Should Co Co' instead a brass section features on quite a few tracks which is reminiscent of some of The Beatles later stuff; its also not quite as fresh sounding as 'I Should Co Co' and doesn't hit you quite as hard. However once you've given the album a few listens the hooks become so apparent you'll be singing along just about every track! Mind Blowing Stuff!
on 22 January 2008
This album is in my opinion not only the best Supergrass album but also one of the greatest albums of our times. It would most likely appeal to not only fans of Indie music but in addition, to classic rock fans and perhaps even many hard rockers who may be moved such is the level of songcraft and passionate intensity on display here. A great production complimets Gaz's fine vocals nicely and the rest of the band do some sterling work. Could this end up being one of the few Brit albums of the 90's that will go down in history? A classic with a capital C. Looking forward to the Hoo Ha!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 September 2013
If you are looking for just one Supergrass studio album to go alongside the greatest hits, make it 'In It For The Money'.

Their second album managed to overshadow their brilliant, fast and punky debut, purely because the lads' songwriting abilities had gone from absolute strength to strength. This album is more ambitious, containing a greater variety of quality songs. None of the tracks particularly outshine another, for although their all different, each of them hold up in their own right: some are hard, others are soft, some are fast and some are slow, but it has the perfect mixture.

Riding high on tracks which became major hit singles, here you'll find the irresistible 'Sun Hits The Sky', which will have you singing along after just the one listen, as well as the super ballad 'Late In The Day', which has a great guitar solo and smooth vocals from Gaz.

'In It For The Money' is listed in the book '1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die', an entry which it truly deserved, and not just because it's the band's masterpiece.
on 3 July 2016
Some great reminders of the 90's, saw so many bands back then and Supergrass we're so energetic and talented musicians, a great hark back to one great decade of indie music and mayhem gigs which i must confess are nowadays a bit of a blurred memory. Never saw Blur though :)
on 5 October 2006
This is the only Supergrass album I own. I bought it on the strength of Richard III which I heard when it first came out. There are some great songs on this album, specifically In it for the Money and Richard the III - and those two songs alone make this album a worthwhile purchase.

I listened to the album a few days ago for the first time in a couple of years, and it still sounds fresh. Great hooks, blistering guitar and fantastic vocals. All in all, this record probably is a classic.
on 3 October 2016
Great album and completely belies the early belief that Supergrass were just a run of the mill britpop "lads" group. In it for the money is a super intro track and then even bettered by the single Richard III, featuring that little used rock instrument the "theremin'. Other classic tracks include "Late in the day" "Sun Hits the Sky" and my favourite hammond organ rocker - "Going Out".

It's a class album and you need to have this in your collection.
on 4 September 2012
It was by chance of hearing Supergrass's classic Alright on an advert that made me want to find out about the band that made a song which meant so much to me in my childhood. This resulted in me buying their first two albums, I Should Coco and In It For The Money, while I love their first album ISC I was amazed to find that IIFTM is, to me at least, a "perfect" album, by that I mean there is not a bad song on it, they are all good.

This achievement is even more impressive when combined with the variety of styles and instrumentation, with brass, organ, theremin and what appears to be a roulette wheel on the album combined with styles from acoustic ballads through rockers to a song influenced by Kool & the Gang. Most of its songs however maintain a heaviness that few brit-pop bands could muster in their fight against grunge.

For me it sits proudly along side my other great perfect albums Abbey Road, Electric Lady land, ZSATSFM, MBDTF, OK Computer, and Neon Bible (not a universally agreed upon list I know), please buy this album it deserves so much more credit then it gets especially when compared to its predecessor.
on 20 January 2015
I love Supergrass. I love even more the importance they place on a cracking opening track. This album is no different.

I mean, what the hell is wrong with high energy, clever, witty music, played by a trio of men at the top of their game?
on 21 September 2013
Supergrass, in their mid-1990s heyday, were undoubtedly one of the best acts around and 'In It For The Money' is a glorious release which is stuffed full of absolute gems. On the subtle side is the gorgeous 'Late In The Day' and the wistful 'It's Not Me' whilst on the heavier side are the swaggering brass-laden 'Going Out', the pounding beats of 'Richard III' and the heavy riffs of 'Sun Hits The Sky'. As 'power trios' go, there aren't many who can match Gaz Coombes and the boys.
on 17 October 2000
This is a hard hitting album and the first supergrass album I ever bought, just because I saw it my friends music collection. At first I was not too sure about the album, but after listerning to it a few times it really grew on me. 'Late in the Day' is a beautiful relaxing song and is worth realesing as a single. This is by far the best of the three albums on release. I look forward to the forth.