on 9 July 2017
The Beatles' 6th album is largely considered one of their first genuine masterpieces. Sure, previous records were of course groundbreaking at the time and still are, but Rubber Soul is the first consistently great release, that feels more like an album than a collection of songs on one disc - in my opinion anyway!
'Rubber Soul' is also one of the few Beatles albums with a consistent sound all the way through. What I mean is; you can justifiably label each song as folk rock / melodic rock n roll, whereas other releases tended to have at least one massive curve ball somewhere, sticking out like a lightning rod amongst the others, e.g. the Proto Heavy Metal of 'Helter Skelter' or the...whatever 'Revolution 9' is from 'The White Album,' and many more. In some ways, it's the first 'serious' Beatles album.
Song wise, they're all very short and sweet and instantly memorable. The only drawback of this album is it's consistency. Songs are so similarly paced and stick the the same blueprint, that there isn't too much variation.
VINE VOICEon 14 August 2017
Another great album from the Beatle boys, the thicker vinyl is great and a true reproduction of the original album, though back then the vinyl was thinner of course. It certainly sounds much better to me in Mono and gives you that feeling of being back there, though I do have better equipment now to play on not a wooden record player or Ferguson radiogram which my parents owned later. I will play this when I want to close my eyes and go back in time.
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 April 2015
"Rubber Soul" is album six, and here, The Beatles start to change - there's still a clutch of songs, but they all form a coherent whole, as opposed to being an assortment of random material recorded 'on the run' mid tour, as well as being one of the first that contains no cover versions. It may rate as Rolling Stone's fifth best album of all time (they're no kidding : it's good, but it's not that good). Lyrically the album is also much better than before : there's still the usual songs about love, and the somewhat threatening tone of "I'd rather see you dead than with another man", which sounds like a great pitch for a Beatles Horror Movie, but the songs are about wider things. Now, the band were exhausted by constant touring and work, and there's a clutch of better known songs - the ones that's it within the common knowledge of mankind - alongside perhaps less known songs, so much so, that there are often moments of "Oh! Of course! This one!". Nonetheless, Rubber Soul is the album where The Beatles started being who we universally recognise as The Beatles, and not as a band of hasty and frantic young men in the eye of a storm. Not the fifth best album ever, but certainly, the best Beatles release so far.
on 3 December 2014
The Beatles Rubber Soul Album For Me Was That The Beatles Has Grown Up , This Album Is More Mature Than Any Other Album That They Recorded , Now Don"t Get Me Wrong I Love The Previous Albums Before This But In My Opinion This Is The Masterpiece , The Classic Album Of The Beatles Career , Each And Every Track Sounds Better Than Before, Even Ringo"s WHAT GOES ON is Quite Endearing , The Songs Are Much More Sophisticated And With One Or Two Of Them Very Personal ( i.e. Paul"s YOU WONT SEE ME)
This Album Is My No.1 , And I Love It ,
Please Do Yourself A Favor And Buy This Amazing Album On Vinyl And Enjoy Every Second Of It...You Shall Be So Glad You Did
THAT"S A PROMISE.
on 10 May 2012
I grew up in a home where this album was constantly being played by my older teenage brother and sisters. The 'less familiar' songs here are therefore MORE familiar to me than many of their hits and I could listen to this album every week for the rest of my life without tiring of it.

I was shocked when I received my cd to find that John Lennon hasn't actually got biro freckles like he has on the LP version (don't go checking as it was only my copy). Similar improvements have been made in the quality of the sound as well - the digital transfer is crisp and clear.

Force me to choose just three favourite tracks and I'd go for:

* Norwegian Wood
* I'm Looking Through You
* Run For Your Life

This is one of the few albums in my collection where I have all the tracks on my iPhone.

Timeless quality and an absolute classic!
on 5 September 2017
I didn't actually purchase this for myself, it was for a gentleman named Rob Smith who asked me to order it on his behalf as he was meant to be saving for an engagement ring for his fiance but still wants to feed his vinyl addiction at the same time without his future wife finding out.
He's assured me that he is very happy with the vinyl and would highly recommend it, he also states that it is worth putting off purchasing a ring for a little longer as the order of importance will always be, vinyl, scooter then fiance
on 2 June 2015
This is my favorite Beatles Album. The recording is absolutely perfect. I have never heard such a sublime sound from a pop/rock CD. This CD is my top reference CD when i compare other recordings, with the standout track being If I needed someone. The sound on that track is particularly gorgeous. I suspect the Beatles also invented the West Coast sound, predating the Mamma's. But thats a bone of contention.
There isn't a bad track on the album. Well it's the Beatles, so thats to be expected. A perfect recording and a perfect album.
If only all CD's sounded this good.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 August 2014
'Rubber Soul' (The Beatles 6th studio album) sees the 'Fab Four' further expanding their musical horizons into the field of folk as well as the more familiar territories of rock and pop. With all 14 tracks written by the group themselves, the quality of the music is high throughout with John Lennon stealing the show with several superbly crafted songs including the classic 'In My Life', the sitar-tinged 'Norwegian Wood' and the lovely 'Girl' to the fore. With the even more sophisticated releases 'Revolver' and 'Sgt. Pepper...' just around the corner, this 1965 album should definitely form an important part of your record collection.
on 29 October 2017
My favorite Beatles album This was the start of The Beatles experimentation with music The recording process is unique and could only have been achieved with the fifth beatle George Martin Groundbreaking and not a duff track on this CD
on 21 April 2015
Fantastic pressing, probably the best I have come across over the last few years, the record does not seem to produce any surface noise and the mono recording is just brilliant, why oh why can't other vinyl records be produced like this. If your a Beatles fan don't hesitate to by the on vinyl and hear them as they were originally recorded.