on 2 November 2005
The music from the Pride and Prejudice 1995 tv series is good music in its own right. I really love the title theme. However, if you have watched the tv series enough times, then the music is inextricably tied to what is going on in the drama, and this serves to intensify the feelings evoked by the music.
This CD is great to own if you love the TV series, as listening to the CD almost makes you feel like you are watching it again!
It is a way of re-experiencing the emotions of the drama.
on 16 December 2009
The music is just like in the drama but without the talking obviously. The only music that I felt was missing was the music that Elizabeth and Mr Darcy first danced to at Netherfield Ball and music like the barley mow. I realize that (and what I mean by not reading the small print) what I was expecting was ALL the music from the drama, and I thought that as Carl Davis and his orchestra played those pieces in the drama I listed earlier they would be in it, so I was disappointed. So apart from the missing pieces, I think that it is an okay c.d.
on 29 November 2000
This is my favourite CD! A must-have for all who are obsessed with the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. The music just suits the film perfectly and the special tone of the pianoforte adds much to the beauty of the sound. I almost fancy myself in the past when I listen to it! I believe, I have to take pianoforte lessons so that I can play it myself!
on 11 May 2014
Purchased this soundtrack after purchasing the dvd box set of the series. So glad I did. Very nice tunes that send me back to watching the dvd straight away. Some are quieter and serene others are lively and jolly. I can listen to it again and again. The music fitted the program very well I thought
on 8 June 2009
If you don't mind hearing the dance music in solo piano form only, this album will be a pleasure to listen to and take you right into the world of the BBC production of Pride And Prejudice.

All the major pieces are here, from the spirited opening title music, to Mr Collins' and Lady Catherine's theme.
My favorites are the cues taken from the Pemberley scenes and the final proposal and marriage. I have shed a tear whilst listen to this CD, it's that good.

The music is played really well by a small ensemble. Inside the booklet, we discover interesting information about the instruments that were used and the performers themselves. We also discover what inspired Carl Davis when writing the music.

All in all, a really good package. And it can be listened to easily in one sitting as it clocks in at a concise 55 minutes.
on 28 April 2013
As it is a while since this series was on BBC, we have forgotten many of the lovely short pieces of music. I really do enjoy listening to this CD as it brings a period feel alive,not to mention a temptation to bang their heads together.
on 3 March 2013
What a lovely soundtrack! Each track helps you remember scenes from the film which is a personal favourite of mine. I've listened to it so many times already and can tell I will listen to it many more times to come.
on 15 July 2013
It is what it is really. No surprises. Nice to listen to the music if you've seen Pride and Prejudice as many times as I have. It's nice that the pieces of the music reminds you of certain scenes. Good background music.
on 3 December 1999
Andrew Davis specifically said NO sewing in the credits so that people wouldn't be put off - and guess what appeared! The images of sewing flow seamlessly with Melvyn Tan's playing. If you've heard it, you know. It is magnificent.
on 28 February 2015
I have wanted a copy of this for ages; I frequently read the book and continually enjoy the 1995 television series and now I have this wonderful soundtrack.What more can I say? Marvellous.