Format: Audio CD|Change

13. Bye Bye Baby
14. Slip Away
review image
on 7 January 2013
So, I bought this album thinking I was buying the DVD to show our kids, as I loved the movie when I was it so long ago. As it turned out, it was the CD (my bad), but it came promptly and we have been cranking it in the car ever since. So, it was still a win. I better find the DVD now! Speedy delivery and was in excellent condition.
on 3 February 2015
This is a class album.
The film is a joy, I got my teenage kids to watch........they moaned about old dads rubbish music .......before they sat down under duress.......5 minutes in they were hooked! Brilliant.
Acoustic joy
on 22 May 2009
Once you have listened to the Commitments CD and watched the DVD of the film, you will be a fan for life!
on 9 February 2014
I loved the film many years ago and have the album on Cd already but at this price how could I say no. This has some great tracks on it and they are performed amazingly well, some stuff to sing out loud, well when you're on your own anyway.
on 3 December 1999
The best track on this C.D is certainly Mustang Sally. Just listening to it takes you back to the film. Though all the others are superb too! Strong's version of Pickett's 'In the Midnight Hour'was brilliant and still played in club's all round the country, wheras the version of Aretha Franklin's 'Chain of Fools' was almost as gritty and heart felt as the original masterpiece!
on 18 September 2013
What can I say? Splendid, great, cool, enjoyable, a trip down memory lane, brings back the magic of the film. Great for the car, great for work, great for the house, great for anywhere for hecks sake! Buy it, buy it for a friend, buy it for a stranger! Just goddamn BUY IT!!!!
on 1 October 2011
The Commitments are very good. I bought the CD for "Mustang Sally": the way they interpret the song is beautiful. I enjoyed listening to the other songs as well. Thank you for the music.
on 16 August 2009
Excellent recording - this is the third time I've bought this CD as the others "went missing" with family members and friends. It's still excellent!
on 30 August 2010
All the famous blues tunes well recorded with great singers. A really good compilation which my kids love too. Great to dance to.