Customer reviews

Epiphany: The Best Of Chaka Khan, Vol. 1
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 July 2017
Mostly brought it for the one song CK is known for - "Ain't Nobody" - great song, but the rest is really mediocre, similar, and not really my thing.
on 28 June 2017
Better than I'd expected cd. Includes her best work. I didn't appreciate what a good voice she had.
on 30 May 2017
Classic album, fantastic.
on 4 June 2013
"This is a good height saves your back...the shelf could do with a support in the middle as bows a little with food on it.....overall at the sale price this was a good buy but at fall price I would have been a little disappointed ."
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2004
One of the original masters of Funk, her talent is painfully underated. Rather than get worked up about quasi-singers like Britney, Kylie and the rest...how about listening to a master craftswoman at the top of her ability. Achingly soulful, shockingly funky, wonderfully elegant and my god, the lungs! She can belt right up there with Aretha, aint no joke!
Everywhere is a phenomenal song, Aint Nobody is a modern club legend and well...Im Every Woman, it truly is, all in her!
*bow to chaka...and her hair*
mwah
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2011
I've had this cd for over a year now. I actually love the compilation and I can never find any fault with Chaka Khan. My absolute favorite.
But the cd is the problem. The sound is horrible and most times i can;t hear the beautiful music in the background. This is the same with the best of prince I bought about the same time. Infact, because of this, i have decided to buy music downloads only and not waste money on the CD. Would have given 5 stars for the music but knocked off 2 stars cus of the cheap cd used.
on 21 March 2013
I have always love Chaka Khan - and when I saw the chance to get it 2nd hand for such a great price, I did not hesitate. The CD plays just as well as if I would've ought it brand new. The delivery was excellent and received the D within a few days. Happy Bunny
on 17 April 2016
The CD came on the day it says it would, and the day I wanted it too, and although I bought it for a particular track I found a new track that is now my favourite on the album, great purchase and service from Amazon :-)
on 20 February 2010
Chaka is a diva with a voice - the music that can be played year after year. A classy singer who puts meaning to soul music
on 2 December 2013
All the ones you know, may have forgotten or even never heard! Great voice...good value for money and if you accidendally purchase the album as an mp3 download...easy to stream to your android.