Customer reviews

The Muffs
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 May 2010
I love the Muffs. Their music is far more intelligent and adventurous than any detached, ironic, indie twerp gives them credit for.

Their debut album is ambitious, overlong and messy but is bumper-packed with top-notch material.

"Lucky Guy" demonstrates the band's heavy metal roots with a dense snarl, while "Saying Goodbye" captures the true pop essence of the group. Most of the songs here have dynamite hooks, bags of attitude and clout.

"Everywhere I Go" is the song Juliana Hatfield spent her career writing and "Baby Go Round" captures that twee indieness that 90s American bands did so well.

Nice.
on 7 January 2001
i think this cd is really good and has good tunes and melodies though the lyrics could be slightly better. The Muffs are great from my point of view, even though there not that well known.my favourite song on this album is lucky guy.....so buy it, if you like punk rock/pop
on 16 May 2003
When pre-ordering this album in April 1993, i was expecting some hot entertainment. Imagine my complete disappointment when i found a music cd enclosed in my parcel on the 13th May 1993. I had invited friends round for a celebration (my 18th) but we were all stunned to find it wasn't what we expected. I listsned to the album, before sending it back, and it was purely dismal. This album upsets the applecart in more ways than one...terrible.