Customer reviews

Billion Dollar Babies
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 August 2009
There are so many things about this album that I remember, from the way I bought it to the effect it had on my father (to my delight) and to the pleasure of listening to it.

I was 13 years old and had saved up my pocket money, when I had enough I gave it to my mum who went to Woolworths and bought it for me. I was on pins waiting for her to come home.

On opening the LP I was sorely tempted to pull out all the pictures there and then - I never did and the billion dollar note is still a treasure as I have kept this album and still have it complete with all the pieces intact 36 years later.

This CD is a must for any fan of this album, Alice Cooper, or in fact anyone who, was a rebellious teenager in the seventies. And if anything was going to personify how different we were from our Elvis-loving parents it was Alice Cooper and his antics with baby dolls, snakes and chickens and fake blood - partly the reason why I initially saved for LP in the first place.

My father hated it, he hated him, hated the things he got up to and my mother was not too impressed either. My father hated me playing my records and this album in particular - I loved every moment of my youth and this music was a very big part of it.

It is one for the few albums of which I love every track and never reach for the remote to press the `skip' button.

From `Hello Hooray' right through to the last track called ` I love The dead' which I made my father listen to, this album is superb. The second CD is a fabulous addition, and I agree with others that it should have been released all those years ago on vinyl. Speaking personally, this album is worth having purely because I can remember playing it for the first time on my Thorn/EMI Stereo on that Saturday afternoon when I got it, and I can remember the pleasure it always gives me when I play it now, and the perverse pleasure it gave me when playing it to torture my parents - the creaking sounds and the plop when the gums, visible only in my vivid imagination, plopped into the water in `Unfinished Sweet' are still as vivid now as it was then, The lead up to, and the end of `I Love The Dead! in particular will stay with me till the day I die.....
on 12 September 2017
I'm sorry, but what is the fuss about? I remember this album from my formative years (very fondly). And based on the glowing reviews of the 5.1 surround DVD Audio version I was expecting to resurrect a long lost love. Er, sorry, but NO. Okay, it's 5.1 (a rarity these days). But it's sibilant (look it up) and shallow. It's just not what the (glowing) reviews had built me up to. I was really disappointed. I know this is going to offend Alice officianados - but I've just paid £40 for something I'll probably never play again.
And Bonus Extras? What Bonus Extras? A cut of the original Election video? Oh come on!!!!
on 23 June 2017
an absolute classic. alice (and the band )do not get enough recognition for their song and lyric abilities
on 10 May 2017
If you love Alice Cooper or you wish to dip into the world of Alice, this is a great album to start your journey.
on 17 May 2016
This is a classic album by the legend that is Alice Cooper.
It contains the timeless classic tracks-Hello, Hooray, Elected, No more Mr Nice Guy, Billion dollar babies and I love the dead!
on 7 July 2017
got the vinyl...putting it on cd format dont give it justice much clearer on vinyl...
on 4 March 2017
Favourite Alice Cooper album, great condition.
on 1 April 2017
ok Cd recebido no prazo!
on 7 July 2017
excellent
on 11 May 2017
Had this on vinyl years ago. Back to the seventies